Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Z1 slave delete kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 AM
black-Nissan
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Z1 slave delete kit

I was wrapping up the instal of my kit . I shimmied the ball at 6.5 when my stack base was 6.2. Does they seem like enough throw?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:45 AM
Poncher
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the stack height calculations and got 3mm of shim on the pivot ball. The fork is towards the front of the window (front of the car) and get about 1mm gap between the throw out bearing.
My biggest problem is that I CANNOT seem to get the car into gear when ignition on... I tried bleeding the system several times and replaced both the Master & Howe Slave cylinders (both new). still have the old ones. Pressure builds but the fork will stop about 60%-70% towards the rear of the fork window; making impossible to shift into gear when the car is on....
Old 04-09-2019, 11:18 PM
Poncher
Registered Member

Going into conclusion that after sufficiently bleeding the clutch fluid, I am going to detach the transmission again to recalculate the stack heigh and add more shims.

Clutch pedal relaxed. (Close to the front of the window)

No pressure applied. (1mm of air between the bearing and pressure plate)

Full pressure applied to the clutch pedal. (Pressure plate hardly flexes, preventing even going into gear when ignition is on)
Old 04-25-2019, 12:56 AM
dmg6768
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I feel for you. I had the same kit, I went through 2 slave cylinders, a couple trans drops, hours of adjustments and bleeding and it never ever worked properly. Finally decided to get the hdcsc from conceptz and couldn't be happier. That is, with the exception of an annoying 6th gear grind that wasn't there before the csc elimination. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:07 AM
Poncher
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dmg6768
I feel for you. I had the same kit, I went through 2 slave cylinders, a couple trans drops, hours of adjustments and bleeding and it never ever worked properly. Finally decided to get the hdcsc from conceptz and couldn't be happier. That is, with the exception of an annoying 6th gear grind that wasn't there before the csc elimination. Good luck.
i figured it out after dropping the transmission. I calculated the stack height wrong at first by 1.5mm of shim. I originally calculated that I needed 3.5mm of shim on the pivot ball, then adjusted it to 2mm of shim. An accurate digital caliper did the work for me.
Now the kit is working flawlessly after bleeding it. No issues so far after a week of driving.

Exedy clutch kit/AASCO lightweight flywheel.

I literally dropped the transmission. Lol

Took out the pivot ball to adjust the shim.

Clutch throw after adjusting.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 AM
black-Nissan
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dmg6768
are you pumping up pressure on the clutch? My works flawlessly just not sure what needs to be adjusted during oill changes
Old 04-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Poncher
Registered Member

Originally Posted by black-Nissan
are you pumping up pressure on the clutch? My works flawlessly just not sure what needs to be adjusted during oill changes
yup. I get constant clutch pressure. No longer need to keep pumping.
I might shorten the throw by adjusting the nut near the fork.