MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   Help High Speed Vibration (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/291636-high-speed-vibration.html)

G37Matt117 02-10-2019 11:27 AM

High Speed Vibration

Good Morning, new to the thread. I have owned a 2010 G37X from 10 miles on the OD. At 108; fantastic car. I have developed a vibration thru the body/seat at 60+mph (not seen at higher or lower speeds) when I come off the accelerator & coasting. When I hit the accelerator, it immediately goes away.
Here is what I have done:
  • Removed weights, scotch brite the inside of the rims, and had M-Defenders (2nd set) put on (Costco tech said, he's never had cleaner, balanced wheels come out).
  • Replaced all 4 bearing hubs (front/rear)
  • Inner & Outer Tie rods.
  • Service Bulletin complied with that checks the Drive Shaft/Propeller
  • Replaced all fluids in both diffy's and transfer case (no excessive metal shavings).
  • Sway bar links replaced X4
  • Upper & lower ball joints and bushings on all 4 wheels appear to be in good shape (haven't changed them yet).
  • Drive shaft (propeller) is tight, but haven't disconnected it from Transfer or Diff to see if there is any play.
No vibration in the steering-w or shift handle, when I kick it into neutral, Vibration is still there at 60+ (obviously I'm not dropping the tranny into drive at 60, I've coasted to a stop).
BUT this thing is kicking my tail!

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you,

llebcire 02-11-2019 08:03 AM

Interested in what you find - similar vibration in my AWD that's been there since I purchased August 2017. Seems to be more pronounced on very smooth road such as fresh blacktop but I feel it in the seat and notice as the hood shakes slightly.

-Eric

Baadnewsburr 02-11-2019 10:31 AM

just a shot in the dark here, but have you looked at your motor/tranny mounts and diff bushing?..it sounds like some slop in the driveline form worn bushings/mounts

Selym 02-11-2019 12:21 PM

I had a similar experience. A road-force balance of all four wheel cured it. Note that Costco doesn't have the machine for road-force wheel balancing.

Also, make sure they check the wheels for trueness; a bent wheel may be the culprit.

G37Matt117 02-23-2019 08:52 PM

Update....

it it was a bad universal joint (1st one after transfer case). When I dropped it and compared to replacement drive shaft from Wholesaleimportparts.com, the first joint had two consistent clicking points.

also changed rear diff bushings with whitlines product.

everything is tight in the rear now and sadly no more vibrations!

you need a G37x drive shaft, hit wholesale import parts! Total awesomeness....

slartibartfast 02-23-2019 11:21 PM

Everyone likes a tight rear end. Glad you found the problem and reported back.