MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   09 X Coupe Won't go over 1MPH (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/290851-09-x-coupe-wont-go-over-1mph.html)

YellowJacket 11-21-2018 05:52 AM

09 X Coupe Won't go over 1MPH

2009 G37 X Coupe with 100k miles started fine this morning. Drove it about 25 yards and all dash lights went out. Blinkers would not function but headlights work. Tried to accelerate and it will not go above 1 (one) MPH. Managed to turn around and coast back to my driveway and nothing works. Can't shut it off. "Key" light is lit, so I tried putting the key in the slot but nothing.

Finally, after pressing the start button quickly a dozen or so times, it turned off. Nothing electrical works except the headlights. Hazard lights do not function outside the car but the lights on the dash blink. Will not start now. Yellow :Key" dash light is the only idiot light that comes on. No CEL. Key symbol in MFD displays.

Tried my second keyfob (both have new batteries) and nothing. Brake pedal is stiff as a board.

Had it in for service yesterday at my local Infiniti dealer and had the battery replaced due to a bad cell...it was 6 years old. Multipoint checkup including the electrical system, was fine and the service manager reminded me again that I have "one of the cleanest, nicest G37 X Coupes that come into our service dpt.".

Guess I'm having it towed to the dealer...

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,

David

RMB5190 11-21-2018 07:41 AM

If it was working fine until that battery change then that's where I'd start. Check to make sure the connections didn't wiggle themselves free from the posts.

YellowJacket 11-21-2018 01:30 PM

Correct, that was my first thought. Something had to happen when the new battery was installed by the dealer yesterday. Its am Infiniti branded "7 year" battery. My original was having a hard time with cold starts and I had to occasionally put it on a tender if I wasn't going to drive it for more than a couple days or it was really cold. Both AutoZone and Infiniti dealer said it failed diagnostics and had a bad cell. AutoZone wanted close to $300.00, Local infiniti dealer did it for $178.00.

Battery had a full charge, all connections were tight. Fuses were all good. Could not jump start it. \

Even more odd, flatbed came out to pick it up and we could not get it out of park. Even tried the key release slot and no matter what, it was stuck in park. Dragged it up on the truck and go it to the dealer...and had to drag it off. They are doing all the work in the paring lot because they couldn't roll it into the shop.

In the mean time... I'm driving a 2019 Q60x Turbo loaner. Nice car but I still really like my 09 X Coupe.

I feel sick......

David

YellowJacket 01-10-2019 06:50 PM

So it tuned out to be a bad cell in the NEW OEM battery. Dealer replaced it for free and covered my expenses.

David

slartibartfast 01-10-2019 08:03 PM

Glad it was a simple fix. Thanks for providing the solution, others will be able to learn from your experience.