Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Mishimoto G37 Direct Fit Catch Can Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 02:07 PM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Unfortunately, we won't be able to hit the $100 mark, but we will be offering it on presale very soon at a steep discount!

-Nick
If it's more than $100 to my door, I'm no longer interested.

Thanks anyway.......
Old 05-11-2018, 02:08 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
u guys can go on mishis site and see wat the cans they current sell cost. its gonna cost about that much
Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM
user 3587587
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
so whats direct fit about this? you guys are just gonna supply some brackets for the g37 to help with the install?
This is a good question. Is the catch can going to be a couple generic mishimoto ones with a bracket? Because if so I hope it doesn't cost anywhere near as much as the catch can built by AdminTuning.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:26 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Be hilarious if it was $101 shipped.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:39 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
There are members here who will have no problem paying $100+ for a good looking piece. We know y'all won't buy one so why keep harping on it?

Last edited by slartibartfast; 05-17-2018 at 01:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Calg37USMC (05-16-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 12:12 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
I definitely won't lol. We will see how the quality and fitment is along with price but I'll probably end up getting one. I just dropped some $$ on some nice burnt Ti products from Mazterpiece Automotive (check them out on IG, Facebook, beautiful stuff). My dressupbolts.com kits will be up for sale soon so when that goes I'll probably swipe this up if it's out.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Case. In. Point. Thank you, sir, for speaking up.

Btw, that was a third-person "y'all" aimed at the poor carping at the price of quality.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:15 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Be hilarious if it was $101 shipped.
I found a penny on the ground yesterday, so I could do as much as $100.01 now.

I don't mind paying $$$'s for a hi quality component as long as its' value is of equal or higher for the $$$'s spent.

With that said..... I've decided to wait to see what the final product turns out to be (cost/value/... etc...).
Old 05-17-2018, 06:20 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Is blow by really an issue on our cars? I've been here 6 years and I don't ever remember this topic popping up

The OP sounds like a copy>paste of a bunch of some marketing material, and IMO loses credibility when claiming our engines are direct injected.

I searched around over on the 370 board, and my observations is that this is really only needed on forced induction motors.

Engine oil catch cans?? - Nissan 370Z Forum

Mishimoto 370Z Direct Fit Catch Can Thread - Nissan 370Z Forum

I'm just a skeptic. Or an idiot. Maybe both. Probably both

I'd like more details, and for OP to confirm country of origin for the catch cans. Are these manufactured domestically, or imported from China?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Mishimoto

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
so whats direct fit about this? you guys are just gonna supply some brackets for the g37 to help with the install?
Originally Posted by maskedbuilder
This is a good question. Is the catch can going to be a couple generic mishimoto ones with a bracket? Because if so I hope it doesn't cost anywhere near as much as the catch can built by AdminTuning.
So, included with the cans is a bracket specifically designed for the G37 (and we have one also for the 370Z) as well as application specific, pre-formed hoses, not to mention a life time warranty

We'll also be offering this kit on a discounted presale with the option to finance

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
I definitely won't lol. We will see how the quality and fitment is along with price but I'll probably end up getting one. I just dropped some $$ on some nice burnt Ti products from Mazterpiece Automotive (check them out on IG, Facebook, beautiful stuff). My dressupbolts.com kits will be up for sale soon so when that goes I'll probably swipe this up if it's out.
Originally Posted by The Pope
I found a penny on the ground yesterday, so I could do as much as $100.01 now.

I don't mind paying $$$'s for a hi quality component as long as its' value is of equal or higher for the $$$'s spent.

With that said..... I've decided to wait to see what the final product turns out to be (cost/value/... etc...).
Glad to hear you guys are willing to stick around to see the final product! I'll have more info and content on our production kit coming soon!

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Is blow by really an issue on our cars? I've been here 6 years and I don't ever remember this topic popping up

The OP sounds like a copy>paste of a bunch of some marketing material, and IMO loses credibility when claiming our engines are direct injected.

I searched around over on the 370 board, and my observations is that this is really only needed on forced induction motors.

Engine oil catch cans?? - Nissan 370Z Forum

Mishimoto 370Z Direct Fit Catch Can Thread - Nissan 370Z Forum

I'm just a skeptic. Or an idiot. Maybe both. Probably both

I'd like more details, and for OP to confirm country of origin for the catch cans. Are these manufactured domestically, or imported from China?
I'll be the first to admit that I did get the facts mixed up on the direct injected part for sure, and totally understand the loss in credibility.

That being said, from what we saw on our test vehicle, blow-by can be a bit of an issue on these cars, as it is on most modern vehicles. Where as the port injection does thwart the carbon build up for a while, you could still run into issues down the line, especially for those who do decide to run FI at some point.

As for the country of origin for our cans, we design, carefully inspect, and test all of our products right here at our R&D facility in New Castle Delaware. The components for this kit are in fact made in China, but under the strict control of our American operated Shanghai office, who ensure the quality of our products before we release them to you guys.

I'll have more info on the full production kit coming soon! In fact we're installing it on our loaner G37 this afternoon

-Nick
Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts

That being said, from what we saw on our test vehicle, blow-by can be a bit of an issue on these cars, as it is on most modern vehicles. Where as the port injection does thwart the carbon build up for a while, you could still run into issues down the line, especially for those who do decide to run FI at some point.

As for the country of origin for our cans, we design, carefully inspect, and test all of our products right here at our R&D facility in New Castle Delaware. The components for this kit are in fact made in China, but under the strict control of our American operated Shanghai office, who ensure the quality of our products before we release them to you guys.

I'll have more info on the full production kit coming soon! In fact we're installing it on our loaner G37 this afternoon

-Nick
No offense Nick, but this seems intentionally vague.

How many miles on your loaner car, is it stock, and is it the only example you've used to evaluate the catch can on?

Are these cans universal with a custom bracket?
Old 05-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Mishimoto

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
No offense Nick, but this seems intentionally vague.

How many miles on your loaner car, is it stock, and is it the only example you've used to evaluate the catch can on?

Are these cans universal with a custom bracket?
None taken! The only reason I'm leaving some of the details out is because I'm saving that info for our next blog update

We did only run our testing on the G that I photographed, it's a 2012 with about 85k miles. I'll get more into our testing with the next update though!

And the mounting bracket that I had posted with the original design plans was our first prototype, just to get a gauge on how we would be fixing these cans to the car. Our production kit is going to include a custom designed bracket, and also come with application specific hoses to make installing a breeze.

I have more info on the kit coming for you guys soon!

-Nick
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (05-19-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Michael_in_DE
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

..... with the option to finance
... made in China, ....

-Nick
Whoa. Wait a minute.... we may need to FINANCE something made in China?! Well, this had better be pretty amazing, because right now, things are not looking great.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Mi built my own using catch can meant for air tools. The plastic dome that catches the blow by is maybe 3-4 ounces at most but you just unscrew and empty. Cost was 10 bucks to make. Bought fuel line and catch
Canister
Old 05-22-2018, 03:17 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Michael_in_DE
Whoa. Wait a minute.... we may need to FINANCE something made in China?!
This is every iPhone user.
The following 4 users liked this post by slartibartfast:
Entcee (05-22-2018), jpowersjr2 (05-22-2018), saywat? (05-22-2018), user 3587587 (05-22-2018)

Quick Reply: Mishimoto G37 Direct Fit Catch Can Thread