Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

this time....wow..!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Talking this time....wow..!

Ive had my car for about 6 years and just over 104k on miles; all that driving and over time got used to the slight trans hesitation when flooring it. However, yesterday while driving about 40-45mph and trying to merge onto another lane , had an opening and floored it ..expecting the delay etc and then ...$****!... the car shot off!! I mean rocket style, lol, no hesitation at all, it was instant and almost took me by surprise, it was so fast so instantaneous, pure road bliss... just started laughing .....didn't get to try it again as traffic snarled etc... if the car responded like that always, it would be awesome, i mean really spectacular ...anyway, just a good time and wondered what could have made it behave differently- as nothing has changed other than more miles lol...either way, good ride...
Old 04-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
Ive had my car for about 6 years and just over 104k on miles; all that driving and over time got used to the slight trans hesitation when flooring it. However, yesterday while driving about 40-45mph and trying to merge onto another lane , had an opening and floored it ..expecting the delay etc and then ...$****!... the car shot off!! I mean rocket style, lol, no hesitation at all, it was instant and almost took me by surprise, it was so fast so instantaneous, pure road bliss... just started laughing .....didn't get to try it again as traffic snarled etc... if the car responded like that always, it would be awesome, i mean really spectacular ...anyway, just a good time and wondered what could have made it behave differently- as nothing has changed other than more miles lol...either way, good ride...
use auto manual, it will feel like that a lot more often lol it does for me
Old 04-17-2018, 10:24 AM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Vizard_87
use auto manual, it will feel like that a lot more often lol it does for me
I second this. Put it in drive, and knock the shifter toward you, but don't move it up or down. Seems to have more aggressive shift timing, and also downshifts on heavy braking to assist. It's great for turns also. Tapping the brakes coming into the turn for the downshift puts the trans in a great spot to gun it and rocket out of the turn.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:26 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Haha, Yeah mine will grab like that once in a while. I really should get a tune.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
I pretty much always drive in auto/manual mode making the shifts myself. soooo much better than the unpredictable D or even DS.
Has become second nature/muscle memory by this point.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Another manual-mode driver here.