Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 is jerking

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Riddymonster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 is jerking

Hi all,

I have a 2009 G37 which I purchased quite recently. The problem is that sometimes when I'm driving the car will start jerking under acceleration and stop when I take my foot off the accelerator but then I have to park up switch the engine off wait for a bit and then switch the engine on and continue driving, this usually works and I can continue driving sometimes for quite a while and sometimes this problem will come back after 5 mins. The car also has the service engine light on all the time and some other lights come on when this problem occurs but go out when the car is switched off and on.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-05-2017, 02:07 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Something is triggering limp mode. You need to have the car checked for stored codes. Also, check the codes when the trouble lights are on.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:58 PM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Riddymonster1
Hi all,

I have a 2009 G37 which I purchased quite recently. The problem is that sometimes when I'm driving the car will start jerking under acceleration and stop when I take my foot off the accelerator but then I have to park up switch the engine off wait for a bit and then switch the engine on and continue driving, this usually works and I can continue driving sometimes for quite a while and sometimes this problem will come back after 5 mins. The car also has the service engine light on all the time and some other lights come on when this problem occurs but go out when the car is switched off and on.

Thanks in advance
seems like this is starting to become a problem for those of us with 08-09 G37s.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Let me look into my crystal ball and guess your service codes...

P0524
P0011 or P0012

how recently did you buy the car? Was the CEL on when you got it?
Old 12-05-2017, 07:40 PM
vdpinc01
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Riddymonster1
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
I recently ran into a similar experience with my 09. I would check your air filters and clean your MAF sensors. Once I did that the problem stopped. Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Riddymonster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing up fault code p101b