Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Throttle Position Sensor/Throttle Body issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:49 PM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor/Throttle Body issue

What is the relationship between Absolute Throttle Position and Absolute Throttle Position B? I am trying to chase down an intermittent problem that I think could be Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) related. I have a dual throttle body on my 2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe. I am using an OBD2 dongle to transmit data to my phone and two of those signals are the ones I mentioned above. Are these for each of my throttle bodies?
Long story short, I getting a hesitation intermittently when getting hard on the throttle to pass, or even sometimes when just at half throttle moving through 3rd gear (used to be dropping from 5th to 4th when passing). I reset my ECU and have been driving around letting it relearn my driving habits.
Here is a link to the data log from a test drive where you can see what I am talking about. I highlighted the "trouble" areas, or what seems suspicious to me.

I forgot to mention, I have no CEL or any codes.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
Old 04-20-2018, 12:05 PM
audiRS4ever
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Jake,

Did you ever figure out the issue here?

I'm having similar problems. What did you use to datalog, and how did you define which variables to monitor?

I am VERY interested in doing this myself to try to look into my issues. Looking at your data, it seems like my issues may be similar.