Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

VDC & SLIP ON Codes U1000 & U1001

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Kvpg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC & SLIP ON Codes U1000 & U1001

My SLIP and VDC lights are stuck on, the trip computer and average mpg etc all reset to 0 every time I start the car.

Checked brake fluid its clear and filled to capacity. Hooked up a OBDII reader and its showing U1000 & U1001 and the guy said an ABS code but the ABS light is NOT on.

I just got this 09 G37X Coupe last Tuesday and this is driving me crazy, Infiniti of KC is going to kill me to diagnose and fix, I had a 06 G35 coupe before and a 03 350Z before this car so I know first hand they're a ripoff.

Any help, any ideas would be helpful, I'm not a mechanic but I'm good with doing things myself and can follow instructions to a T.

A blown fuse (checked all with a flashlight)? A blown relay? What could cause this issue?

Old 06-09-2016, 09:39 AM
jgronline

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
There are many more fuses next to the battery which requires removing the battery to access.

Infiniti G37 Battery replacement for all G37 coupes and G37 sedans, including 2007 and 2008 G35 sedan

Look at this picture at the circled area. You likely have a blown fuse here.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:56 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
It is not a fuse or a relay. The "Controller Area Network" (CAN - the car's network) has a problem, it is either open or shorted.

U1000: When BCM cannot communicate CAN communication signal continuously for 2 seconds or more.

U1001: When ECM is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signal other than OBD (emission related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.

Was any work just done on the car, or did this just pop up?

CAN bus diagnostics require special tools... Your best bet would be to take it to a dealer you trust.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 AM
Kvpg37

Thank you so much for the input.

This started when I was hardwiring my radar to the homelink mirror. I forgot to disconnect the battery and when I was shaving the insulation off the three wires going to the homelink mirror I made contact with two wires and saw a spark, lost power to the mirror and the guages (tach & speed) stopped moving.

I attached the wiring and taped off the exposed wires and replaced a 10amp fuse in the interior driver side kick panel fuse box. The guages came back, the power to the mirror was restored however the SLIP, VDC & SERVICE ENGINE lights came ON.

I then disconnected the battery for 15 min and upon restarting the SERVICE ENGINE light turned OFF but the TIRE PRESSURE light started to flash then remained ON. The battery was again disconnected and upon reconnection the TIRE PRESSURE light went OFF.

Now I'm left with just the VDC & SLIP light ON and it doesn't show the graphic of stepping on the brake and pushing the button on the dash, also the trip computer resets every time the car is turned off.

I called Infiniti and they said it was due to low brake fluid and worn brake pads. The fluid was checked and its at full capacity, the front pads were replaced when I got the car the rears are about 40% enough for it to pass inspection which is why I think the used car dealer didn't replace them. I'm going to replace them tomorrow.

I took it to O'Rileys. That's when he pulled the U1000 & U1001 codes and said there was an ABS code as well but I didn't see it or get a picture of the tool displaying that. I'm going to disconnect the battery remove the hard wired radar and rewrap the homelink wiring back to factory and see if that changes anything.

It just blows my mind that the short in the homelink could cause all these issues. I looked up the codes and all I found was like you said a short or its open (not sure what that means) and some of the initial steps to correct it was cleaning a ground terminal. I think that was found on a post for the FX35 on a different forum, couldn't find anything specific to the 09 G37X Coupe.

If you have the service manual instructions for that it would be great to try the initial steps before I take it to Infiniti of KC.

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:18 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
Factory Service Manual can be found here: Index of /FSM/G37
Old 06-10-2016, 03:10 PM
jgronline

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would still check the fuses next to the battery before taking it to the dealership.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:50 PM
G37xBrock
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever get this figured out? I'm from KC too btw and my car just started throwing this code
Old 01-10-2018, 09:17 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xBrock
Ever get this figured out? I'm from KC too btw and my car just started throwing this code
what issue are u having?

im currently dealing with this. i dont have an engine light but when i had a friend run a scan to see why my cruise control isnt working it brought up can comm errors. online and dealer tsb all says its related to the ground wires. which requires cleaning and rebolting which i did but it didnt help. just waiting for a good time to take it to dealer bc im out of options. car functions 100% tho. but i see this is related to why my tmps light is not on even tho i have aftermarket wheels lol. which is kind of nice lol
Old 01-10-2018, 09:32 PM
G37xBrock
Registered Member

Originally Posted by saywat?
what issue are u having?

im currently dealing with this. i dont have an engine light but when i had a friend run a scan to see why my cruise control isnt working it brought up can comm errors. online and dealer tsb all says its related to the ground wires. which requires cleaning and rebolting which i did but it didnt help. just waiting for a good time to take it to dealer bc im out of options. car functions 100% tho. but i see this is related to why my tmps light is not on even tho i have aftermarket wheels lol. which is kind of nice lol
other than the service engine light being on I have noticed anything that seems wrong or different than usual. aside from that code mine is also throwing p2a00,p0725, p0615, and c1109.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:28 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xBrock
other than the service engine light being on I have noticed anything that seems wrong or different than usual. aside from that code mine is also throwing p2a00,p0725, p0615, and c1109.
bump did you ever figure this out?
Old 03-08-2018, 02:03 AM
G37xBrock
Registered Member

Originally Posted by saywat?
bump did you ever figure this out?
My mechanic told me it was a sensor (can't remember which one) that was going bad and would eventually have to be replaced but the car is safe to drive. He said it could eventually negatively impact my fuel economy once it completely fails. He cleared the code and I was good for about a month (~1000 miles) and the check engine light came on again. I recently moved since I last had the codes cleared and the shop in my new town that I took it to showed it was throwing a p0300 code which is an engine misfire. Seemed to be a completely separate issue. I had them clean my throttle bodies and the light has stayed off since then.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:16 AM
InfinitiG35G37

Exclamation Hi ""

I found a lot problems like that , SLIP , then U1000 , U1001
So many times it's just easy to fix Just clean all the Ground but myself i alway buy new cable build them and replace all the ground wire .

But now i found must of them it's not even the ground , not the Cranck or Camshaft sensor ... Just a Bad (ECM) Engine Control Module
Specially when you drive with a Service soon light on in your dashboard and your transmission is very hard to shift { gear} .....

Originally Posted by SonicVQ
It is not a fuse or a relay. The "Controller Area Network" (CAN - the car's network) has a problem, it is either open or shorted.

U1000: When BCM cannot communicate CAN communication signal continuously for 2 seconds or more.

U1001: When ECM is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signal other than OBD (emission related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.

Was any work just done on the car, or did this just pop up?

CAN bus diagnostics require special tools... Your best bet would be to take it to a dealer you trust.