Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Gtm breaking news<<<<must read before you even think of buying!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Exclamation Gtm breaking news<<<<must read before you even think of buying!!!!

After countless claims of customers paying for items and not receiving product, let alone a simple phone call explaining what was going on with their orders and money, GTM has officially been banned from the370.com forums.

Please PLEASE, if ANYONE of you are considering purchasing from GTM, or know someone looking to purchase from them, please have them read this post from THE SOURCE (FORMER LAID OFF EMPLOYEE), and the countless threads on the370 forum with first hand customer feedback and warnings.

Thank you
-Lance

Originally Posted by Mike@GTM
Kyle,

I appreciate that greatly and will be in touch. I'll let Pablo know as well if I can still get in touch with him.

To everyone else, I am sorry to see this happen and have actually been laid off from GTM since January after Sam bounced my paycheck at Christmas last year. He said that he just couldn't afford to pay me. I'm actually surprised my account here is still active.

The thing that really got my goat was that he had spent $12k on a remodel of his $750k house just the week prior to bouncing our checks. smh He was also trying to get me to take on more responsibility and after having worked for him for 5 years and never getting a raise, I basically said not without a raise. His comment was "everyone always wants more". Really? I was selling $100 - $120k per month in parts and labor for him on average. I also wrote some of the best damn instruction manuals in the industry for him, defended him for his shady business practices on the forum, worked on managing all the parts lists for all the turbo kits, supercharger kits etc. I did my absolute best to deliver outstanding customer service despite Sam's dogged determination to undermine that effort and in the 8 years I've worked in this industry, there are only 2 customers that I have ever worked with that disliked me.

What's worse, is that after leaving GTM, I found out that Sam screws everyone he possibly can. If you are in SoCal and talk to other business owners, suppliers, landlords, manufacturers etc. You will discover that he has burned so many bridges it would make you sick. Hell, I overheard how he treated the turbo supplier when he had $50k outstanding debt with them. Sam was trying to get more turbos from them and they said not without him at least making an effort to pay down some of that debt. Sam said: "should I take my business to your competitor then?". Wow. Just wow. Then, after the sales rep folded like a paper napkin, Sam wrote him a rubber check for the 4 turbos. Real class act that guy.

I gotta hand it to Sam though, it is absolutely astonishing that he can keep burning people. Steve Novak has it right on the money when his nickname for Sam is P.T. Barnum: "a sucker is born every minute" and Sam takes full advantage of that with his dog and pony show.

I really hope that Sam is unable to continue doing business in the automotive aftermarket. While he is certainly knowledgeable about cars, his shadiness just doesn't belong in this industry. There are way too many upstanding business people that bust their asses to make good product and deliver great service. Seb@Specialty Z, Tony@Fast Intentions, and Sasha@Boosted Performance, my hat is off to you guys for fighting the good fight. Keep up the good work gentlemen. I also want to apologize to Tony and Sasha for talking smack about your guys' products and if it had been up to me, I would have been giving you guys props instead. There is absolutely nothing wrong with recognizing your competition's accomplishments in my opinion. If anything, it encourages everyone to do their best and ultimately improves the platform for all enthusiasts.

In closing, I am sad in a way that GTM is practically finished. The company made some pretty kick *** products (there were a few things that could be improved, however) and it could have been awesome if someone with more business sense and integrity had been running the company. I know most of the guys there bust *** and have some real talent and despite Sam's apparent thought that machines are better than people, it was the people working for Sam that made GTM great. It's too bad he treats his most valuable assets (customers, employees, vendors, and dealers) like ****.

I wish everyone the best of luck in getting what is owed to you back from Sam. If someone could find a way to pierce the corporate veil and hold Sam personally accountable, that would be even better. At least that way, justice would be served.

-Mike

The370 Forum Thread Reviews
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps642bb656.jpg

The California Better Business Bureau Reviews
http://www.bbb.org/central-californi...273/complaints

Name:  NOlongeractive_zps642bb656.jpg
Views: 2938
Size:  54.8 KB

Last edited by 1cleanG; 09-16-2014 at 11:54 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by 1cleanG:
claudiohv (10-04-2015), dbeachy1 (07-28-2017), Kuro (04-01-2015), m3clubracer (11-20-2015), Presto (09-17-2014), SwissCheeseHead (10-01-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
This is good information and it's good that people are aware, but posting that GTM is banned on a different forum is a bad look being posted by a competing vendor. This is strictly my personal opinion.

They have been banned here for some time as well for what it's worth.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
The empire falls...
Old 09-18-2014, 03:52 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt8Che
The empire falls...

The Empire hasn't Fall as yet. Just temporarily down, I don't think GTM will go down that easy. They have too much potentials.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Originally Posted by warpeacelove
The Empire hasn't Fall as yet. Just temporarily down, I don't think GTM will go down that easy. They have too much potentials.
Hopefully the talent that GTM has working for them can go off to do / work for more reputable companies or start something new.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Kris 3.7

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove

Sorry but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Pull up the CH11 bankruptcy that is filled for his company. Nearly 1.1million in debt all from prime lenders. I highly doubt that he will ever be able to bounce back from that in the sense of gathering enough capital to be a reliable business and if half of what is said about him in the first post is true I'd also say it sounds like he lacks ethics and integrity which are 2 of the most important things to have in business. Not sure his profit margin on his kits and such but again if that guy was regularly selling 100k plus a month in product it just goes to show you how truly mismanaged GTM was from a financial aspect. It's truly a shame as they were innovative for the Z and G platform but I doubt GTM will return and if they did who would want to buy from them anyway? I am sure their will be people but I wouldn't. I would much rather take my hard earn money and spend it with a company that has no track record of screwing people whether it be customers, employees, or lenders. Just my 2 cents for what it worth.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
FrozenBloodPump

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Just so you all are aware, Gamma is nothing more than a rebirth of GTM. Same people selling the same products. And while some of the management may have changed, they are attempting to peddle their parts to the same people whom they stole from under a different name.

There are a lot of members of this community who were left high and dry, having invested countless dollars of their hard earned cash into purchasing twin turbo and supercharger kits from this company (under another name).

Regardless of the fact that this new entity had claimed to be never late on deliveries, no attempt has been made to right past wrongs and make those who were stolen from, whole again. Unless you consider an email from the current management asking GTM customers for more money in order to complete their orders, compensation.

Closing your doors one day and reopening them the next under a new name does not excuse you from having to make right all the deals you bailed on and compensate those who you have stolen from.

I would think long and hard before supporting an organization that has shown a blatant disregard for members of this community who paid monies in good faith and received nothing but empty promises in return.

Speaking for myself, I know people personally who were taken to the cleaners on this one. I say make things right with your existing customers before trying to get new ones… Then you will have my respect, and my business.

To add: Even though Gamma will tell you that GTM went bankrupt last year, up until GTM's site went down a month or so ago, Sam was still promising to make good on prior orders. Even partially completed a few of the orders.

Once the new site went up, all communication ceased and the only answer customers received was for them to pay more money if they would like their orders completed.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:04 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
^^^^ to go off that note, what irritates me the most is I was told first hand and reassured that Sam had NO HAND in the new business (was told this for about 3 months). Well....you tell me....

I REFUSE to sell or represent their products. They stand for the exact opposite we stand for, ethics, honestly and integrity.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1cleanG:
2GoRNot2G (11-23-2015), m3clubracer (11-20-2015), Team_STILLEN (10-06-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 04:07 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
There is a thread about them over on 370Z about one member who was one of the ones left high and dry. He's is trying to get his kit from them and they told him he had to give them more money if he wanted it. BTW he paid in full during the group buy. Unreal man, I feel for everyone that Sam screwed on this

Recent interactions with GTM/Gamma - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 PM
DanG37
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, I'm great I noticed this. I was half considering the 7AT transmission upgrade. (The 7AT in my '09 G37 almost makes me wish I just bought a 3-series.)
Old 11-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by DanG37
Wow, I'm great I noticed this. I was half considering the 7AT transmission upgrade. (The 7AT in my '09 G37 almost makes me wish I just bought a 3-series.)
Well be aware that like a persistent case of herpes that just won't go away and stay away, Samer and his crew of 40 thieves are back in business to steal more cash from the enthusiast community but this time under the disguise of a company called Gamma Motorsports. They'll try to convince you that Sam has nothing to do with it (look up their legal documents filed with the state. You'll see his name unless they've reformed the company again to hide his involvement.). Or that he's not an owner. Or that they "fired" him because of his past thievery. Don't be fooled if you're told that it's not the same BS all over again under a different company name. It is! Be warned.

Hi Sam!
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
Glover998 (11-21-2015), jroyalty7 (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
How is this guy still breathing on his own and walking on his own two legs?
Old 11-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Originally Posted by DanG37

Go to Level 10 for transmission upgrades. They did mine and it made a huge difference.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by chilibowl
How is this guy still breathing on his own and walking on his own two legs?
Because people out in Cali are mellow. I can assure you that if he were in Houston he wouldn't be doing the things he's getting away with. Not more than once. That shop would have been in ashes.

Sam - you lost all your Houston privileges. It wouldn't be a good idea for you to come here if people in the enthusiast community know about it. Better slink in and out under the cover of darkness without anyone knowing.
The following users liked this post:
xmajd92 (12-09-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:54 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
And then this popped up on my news feed... smh
Attached Thumbnails Gtm breaking news&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;must read before you even think of buying!!!!-screenshot_2015-11-20-21-49-45.png   Gtm breaking news&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;must read before you even think of buying!!!!-screenshot_2015-11-20-21-49-53.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gtm breaking news<<<<must read before you even think of buying!!!!