Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Intake & Tune - Let's see how this goes....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by conkus805
I will try to post up the dyno comparing my baseline to my tuned run. I just don't know how to post pics in threads.
upload to a site like tinypic or imgur.
after the upload you will get an IMG code which looks something like:

[IMG]www.blah.com[/IMG]

then paste it on here.
The following users liked this post:
conkus805 (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 10:45 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Hopefully this works. This is the dyno sheet, I'm loving the torque and midrange power gains. If anyone is on the fence about the Takeda Cai or ecutek, the dyno on my car is all you need to see to convince you that they are a good combo.
https://i.imgur.com/cyuSwze.jpg
alfredo24pr (07-25-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
good numbers there Seb is a great tuner and is the only person to work on my car
conkus805 (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 11:28 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chuckie311
good numbers there Seb is a great tuner and is the only person to work on my car
I feel the same way, seb is a great tuner and is always open to questions about what he is doing with the tune. I only trust him and his crew with my car.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

3rd gear pulls
https://i.imgur.com/ls2vIoP.jpg
alfredo24pr (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Hopefully this works. This is the dyno sheet, I'm loving the torque and midrange power gains. If anyone is on the fence about the Takeda Cai or ecutek, the dyno on my car is all you need to see to convince you that they are a good combo.
3rd gear pulls
just embedding your pics.

great numbers and progress. makes me even more eager to get tuned already.
Thanks for sharing
conkus805 (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Nice numbers man, Pretty much on par with those mods.
I wish he did a 4th unturned to 4th tuned tho :/.. Great work tho !
Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Nice numbers man, Pretty much on par with those mods.
I wish he did a 4th unturned to 4th tuned tho :/.. Great work tho !
Thanks! I wish he did the untuned in 4th too but at least we got a good look at the gains a tuned Takeda Cai makes over stock.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:20 PM
MidlifeCrisis
Not a cheap hobby to have

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Conkus: Awesome gains brother! I would have logged in to see results yesterday...but I had my FI CBE and RHFC's installed yesterday morning and all I did was drive around all day! Once I went home after running some BS errand, I would find another excuse to get back in the G and drive around. I will definitely be ordering the Takeda CAI. I'm not sure if there is any good ECUtek tuners around San Antonio so I might have to go with Uprev in Austin.

Twin_Snails: Get ready for some fun with the FI goodies! Much easier to spin the tires after install. Be prepared for some extra noise though.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:43 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis
Conkus: Awesome gains brother! I would have logged in to see results yesterday...but I had my FI CBE and RHFC's installed yesterday morning and all I did was drive around all day! Once I went home after running some BS errand, I would find another excuse to get back in the G and drive around. I will definitely be ordering the Takeda CAI. I'm not sure if there is any good ECUtek tuners around San Antonio so I might have to go with Uprev in Austin.

Twin_Snails: Get ready for some fun with the FI goodies! Much easier to spin the tires after install. Be prepared for some extra noise though.
Good to hear midlife! I took the long way home yesterday just to get some more driving time in after my tuneThe Takeda would compliment your mods nicely, it gave me about 10whp and 14wtq gain with my tune so it definitely worth it. Also, nothing wrong with Uprev I just went with ecutek because it's something different from what most people have. Post up your tune results in this thread, I would love to see how your results turn out.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:45 AM
MidlifeCrisis

Good to hear midlife! I took the long way home yesterday just to get some more driving time in after my tuneThe Takeda would compliment your mods nicely, it gave me about 10whp and 14wtq gain with my tune so it definitely worth it. Also, nothing wrong with Uprev I just went with ecutek because it's something different from what most people have. Post up your tune results in this thread, I would love to see how your results turn out.

I will definitely post up once I get it done. Might be awhile though. I'm in the Oilfield and business is booming. I have no idea when my next day off is. The intake should be waiting for me at the house whenever I get home. Not having a set schedule makes it hard to get the tune done (I would imagine you need an appointment going to the Uprev headquarters).

I was thinking about getting the Takeda tubes hydo-dipped a custom color (thread on here about a guy in San Antonio that does it). I'm not sure if the paint would hold up though in the engine bay. Although, it would always have cold air cooling it down while the engine is running. What do you think?
Old 07-26-2014, 02:05 AM
MidlifeCrisis

Oh BTW...when I got my Fast Intentions installed at JMS racing in San Antonio I had the pleasure of seeing a 370 Nismo Z with a Fast Intentions Twin Turbo installed. Funny thing is, by looking at it you could barely tell that it was a TT. Looked like a CAI installed, all the goodies were hidden. A buddy of mine was drooling all over it. Antonio from JMS racing told me the customer had to wait a year and a half to receive it. Was told that they put down 620whp!

I apologize if this post was off topic, had to share...Now back on topic about Takeda and Ecutek!

Does Seb from Specialty Z travel for tunes or does he stay put in Cali?
Old 07-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
So you gained 10 whp out of your Takeda's ?! hummm .. Stillen puts 50% more of that!
Minimum 15 whp !!

Not to bash on your setup but i'm just saying ...
I don't understand why everyone says both Takeda and Stillen put the same whp !
People making decisions by these reviews so ..

Last edited by Glover998; 07-26-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis
I will definitely post up once I get it done. Might be awhile though. I'm in the Oilfield and business is booming. I have no idea when my next day off is. The intake should be waiting for me at the house whenever I get home. Not having a set schedule makes it hard to get the tune done (I would imagine you need an appointment going to the Uprev headquarters).

I was thinking about getting the Takeda tubes hydo-dipped a custom color (thread on here about a guy in San Antonio that does it). I'm not sure if the paint would hold up though in the engine bay. Although, it would always have cold air cooling it down while the engine is running. What do you think?
I would see what the heat rating is of the dip your thinking about. Sounds like a good idea but I'm having no problems with mine with no coating so take that for what it is. I have no idea if Seb travels for tunes but I would venture to guess that he doesn't with the exception of special events. Best thing to do is email him and ask, he is really good at getting back to you via email.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:07 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Glover998
So you gained 10 whp out of your Takeda's ?! hummm .. Stillen puts 50% more of that!
Minimum 15 whp !!

Not to bash on your setup but i'm just saying ...
I don't understand why everyone says both Takeda and Stillen put the same whp !
People making decisions by these reviews so ..
No worries on your comments about the setup, I'm just doing this for the better of the community. There really are no threads with this type of setup on myg37, and I'm trying something different to give peeps an idea of what to expect. The peak numbers are not too impressive, it's more the gains under the curve that tell the story of this combo. There are areas on the dyno that I make 20+ lbft of torque, and it is very noticeable while driving around town. To be honest, the 5whp more that the stillen put down is great and all but I don't want to cut up the radiator support in case I ever want to go back to stock. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same and are looking at the Takeda for this reason.
The following 3 users liked this post by conkus805:
Glover998 (07-26-2014), MidlifeCrisis (07-26-2014), teonguyen (08-27-2014)

Quick Reply: Review Intake & Tune - Let's see how this goes....