Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Fast Intentions TT Kit - Press Release! SOON TO BE AVAILABLE TO THE G!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
daonlyillwiz

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Name:  850_638_2_zpsc1f1b83a.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  127.0 KB

Now thats what im talking about, what nice looking manifolds unlike that GTM bs...vband ftw, nothing better than a tial vband housing.

Im curious, what material is the manifold made of (grade, material, gauge of the metal, inner diameter of the runners as well)?

In addition to that, will the turbo's be optional ? I have 2 brand new gt3076r turbo's with billet wheels that i want to use (and yes it has the tial ss vband housing)

Last edited by daonlyillwiz; 01-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
The full kit laid out!!!!!!!

Name:  TTKitCompletecopy_zpsd4dc2cf8.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  233.1 KB

First kit shipping!!!!!!

Name:  DirtyShoez_ship_zpsc4924c0d.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  194.7 KB

Last edited by 1cleanG; 01-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1cleanG:
Black Betty (01-07-2014), Presto (01-08-2014), unknowndesi (01-08-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

For ANY skeptics out there.....I'll post this here

(one of the customers after picking up his car from Specialty-Z on January 4th)

Originally Posted by Hotrodz
Let me tell you guys that the wait is worth it.:happydance: On Saturday January 4th me and my brother met up with Seb and Tony at SpecialtyZ. The FI TT installed, tuned, tested and ready for me to take her home. I could not stop smiling and I haven't stopped smiling since. The kit looks very OEM under the hood with only the shiny tubing of the CAI and intercooler shinning brightly.

Seb had me start her up and she came to life and yes she sounds amazing. We just listened to her growl and then per as Seb explained to me the ends and out of the Blitz boost controller. It is currently set at 8psi. After the instruction it was off for a test drive. Seb took the wheel and told me how the clutch would fill different until I got use to it, but I did not find it difficult to use at all. Then he stabbed the throttle and the wheels just spun through first and then second gear. The acceleration is immediate and there is no turbo lag. Now it was my turn. The clutch engagement to me is what it should be, short, clean and with just the right amount pressure and feed back. I mash the pedal hard....wow, spin city! First and second gear is just a means to get the RPMs up so that you can get the hookup in third and then you get pinned to the back of your seat!!!

I drove us back to the shop and I know I looked like the Joker when I drove up and Tony and my brother were waiting to see my reaction. I was simply elated:excited:. It was game over in just that short test drive and I never really got to push to the car. Well, I would get my chance to do that on my trek back home to my brother's house (120 miles) and then back to AZ (255 miles). All I will say for now is it only get's better! I will post more as I gather my thoughts and get some video.

I am very glad that I made the choice to go with Fast Intentions. Worth it without a doubt if you want super car like results! Let's just say I made one run on my trip back to AZ in sixth gear only where I made 8psi!!!

I have nothing but praise and admiration for the Teams at SpecialtyZ and Fast Intentions. Dan is the man...what a friking awesome design and product. You need to come from behind the curtain Mr. Oz as you work is second to none!:yumyumyum:
3rd full production kit install, picked up 01/06/2014

Originally Posted by nklear
Tony I picked up my Twin Turbo Z from you like 8 hours ago... I am still out driving it... It's like 3am, and I think I am in vagas... HELP!

haha Ask Tony, I got my car from him few days ago... I am already on the 2nd set of tires. But to be honest with you, I love sliding every street light from 1st to 2nd to 3rd.... White smoke from the tires, black smoke from the exhaust (obviously no cats, no cells, and hitting rev limiter in every gear). I drive it like I stole it, and I Love it...

so far so good . Everything is holding up. Clutch is amazing. The cool thing about Fast Intentions is that they did their research and development. I dropped off a vehicle and got a race car back. Fast Intentions did not just install the Twin Turbo Kit. Fast Intentions found the right clutch for me to be able to put the power down. They also found the right bushings for the differential to eliminate wheel hop. We spend time figuring out what boost controller I want, what exhaust I want, and what wide-band I need. When I picked up the car, Fast Intentions spend an hour or two showing me how to property use the car. They took me on a test drive and showed me everything I need to know about the turbo's, the new clutch, and the boost controller. Also when I picked up my car it was detailed in and out, I got it back completely spotless, engine bay was also clean and detailed. Quality and Support is outstanding, The best I've ever had from any performance shop.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 01-09-2014 at 04:04 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by 1cleanG:
Black Betty (01-07-2014), MistAminER112 (02-19-2014), Presto (01-08-2014), Skyline6mt (03-19-2014), SwissCheeseHead (11-22-2014), unknowndesi (01-08-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 AM
daonlyillwiz

1CleanG, can you answer my questions?

what material is the manifold made of (grade, material, gauge of the metal, inner diameter of the runners as well)?

In addition to that, will the turbo's be optional ?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by daonlyillwiz
1CleanG, can you answer my questions?

what material is the manifold made of (grade, material, gauge of the metal, inner diameter of the runners as well)?

In addition to that, will the turbo's be optional ?
I'll be updating post #1 with all of these Q and A's shortly. Thank you

-Lance
The following users liked this post:
daonlyillwiz (01-09-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Lance, when are you putting the kit on your G? Will you keep us up to date with the first G's to install? I am following closely! Thanks!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:34 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by MyocyteX
Lance, when are you putting the kit on your G? Will you keep us up to date with the first G's to install? I am following closely! Thanks!
I'm currently searching for a prototype G37 customer to be the lucky FIRST to have the FI kit installed on their G.

Unfortunately for me, I sold my G in October of 2012 which was a family/timing choice. I picked up a 370z Nismo in April of 2013.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Our cars lack torque? Boost has turbo lag?? NOT WITH THIS KIT!!!!!

Nklear's dyno/tuning results on 91 octane w/ max 8.51psi of boost.

Then a 91/100 octane mixture with max boost of 10.49psi

Name:  Anatoly91_Oct_851psicopy_zps8149f96f.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  136.5 KB

Name:  007_91_vs_100mixture_zps473a8048.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  276.9 KB
The following users liked this post:
Sunny G (01-16-2014)
Old 01-13-2014, 11:56 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I'm currently searching for a prototype G37 customer to be the lucky FIRST to have the FI kit installed on their G.

Unfortunately for me, I sold my G in October of 2012 which was a family/timing choice. I picked up a 370z Nismo in April of 2013.
Ah Nismo, very nice... and you are still here and doing a service to the G community - that's for sure. Fantastic numbers.

I'm just a couple hours North of Simi. Can you PM me details for the lucky first?
The following 2 users liked this post by MyocyteX:
1cleanG (01-14-2014), trobl3 (10-13-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Another updated review of lucky install #3!

Originally Posted by Hotrodz
Hotrodz Fast Intentions Twin Turbo Review

Acknowledgement:
I want to first thank my friend, mechanic, and tuner Sebastian Chacoff as he has provided me with solid advice and service over the last year. I made the choice to have him tune my Nismo last year after reading about him and his business SpecialtyZ on the Forum and on Mike Bonanni’s blog. He and his crew will be the only shop to do any meaningful work on my Z.

Equally speaking I want to thank my new friend Tony for all he has done to provide me with the best of the best for me and my car. Some of you might want to know why there is so much hoopla around Tony and his products and customer service. Well the answer is easy; Tony is not just focused on selling a quality product but thrives on the shared experience that he has with every one of his customers. My (our) joy and satisfaction fuels his passion. What’s not to love about that???? Also I want to acknowledge Dan, the man behind the design of the turbo kit. He was very gracious in sharing his knowledge and experience in bringing this very special product to the market. It was a very cool experience watching Dan turn a wrench while work on Terrible’s Z. Let’s put it this way, I don’t think the wheels in Dan’s head ever quit turning on how to improve on an almost perfect design!

The Back Story:
My journey for more power began shortly after adding on a few bolt on parts and getting a tune. After reading everything I could hear on the forum and having talking and trading stories with my brothers who are motorsport junkies, well I started contemplating the merits of either a supercharger or twin turbo. I traded a few emails with Seb on GTM products as there were not many other products to choose from and I knew Seb was very familiar with GTM. Then it happened, Fast Intention announces that they would be offering a new twin turbo kit unlike no other on the market. I was excited to see what was going to transpire and what the pricing for this new kit would be. My budget for my build was $10,000 and I was in the middle of planning a 17 day trip to Europe with my wife and daughter. Let’s just say the trip was cramping my style LOL. I sent Tony and email fairly quickly after his announcement and he needed a significant down payment which I did not have at that time.

As we all know GTM came out with their kit shortly after and they promised a quality unit at a story book price. I waited for a while as I really wanted the FI Kit, but I did not want to miss out on such a great deal that GTM was offering. I finally committed to the GTM group buy when the number of those wanting to purchase the kit was at the third tier. In fact, I was number 51 which meant the price went to the third tier. I was very anxious about the release and when it might come out as my trip to Europe was in early May. I traded several emails with GTM and sent them a down payment right before I left on vacation. I wanted to be among the first to receive the kit. Not too long after returning home GTM announced that they were looking at the end of June early July release. I sent them more money.
Time passed by and I had paid them all but about $1,500 to my bill which included downpipes as well. I knew I wanted a 3” exhaust and the only one I wanted was the FI exhaust. It was the end of August and my financial situation had changed. I began talking to Tony about my exhaust and his twin turbo. I also called Seb and spoke with him after having spoken with Tony as Seb was responsible for tuning Terrible’s car and had a working knowledge of the kit. I was convinced that I really wanted this kit. Tony was not pushy, but really wanted me to consider switching over to the FI kit. He pointed out a couple very compelling points, I was having SpecialtyZ do the install and they are one of the few FI certified installers and FI need them to do an install to certify them and give them feedback from an independent perspective. He said if I would consider making the switch he would make sure I would have the first kit installed by someone other than FI. The only question was could I afford it and get a refund from GTM.
As you know I decided to make the switch. I called GTM and asked for a refund. They said cool send us an email and we will send you a refund. I did and I received a call from Sam asking me why I wanted a refund. I told him the truth that I had change my mind and was considering a change in direction. He was on to me and asked what my plans were? I told him and he ask me to give him a chance to make me a mind blowing offer. The offer included the MHI kit with upgraded Garrett turbos, 3” down pipes, 3” exhaust, GTM radiator and 34 row oil cooler at a very good discounted price. I turned it down!!! And after about two or three weeks of telephone calls, emails and Sam being out because of health concerns, I received a full refund. The rest as they say is history.

Bob’s Build List:
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo Stage I Kit
Fast Intentions 3” Down Pipes
Fast Intentions 3” TT-TDX Exhaust
Fast Intentions 34 Row Oil Cooler
Specialty Z SZ Max Street Clutch & Flywheel
Blitz SPC i-D Spec-R Boast Controller
Whiteline Differential Bushing
Eibach Sway Bars

I chose the component listed as I wanted the best free flowing turbo setup possible along with those driveline component to that will add to performance and reliability. On that note, I want to point out the not so obvious to some. There has been a lot of talk on the cost of FI TT kit. People have made comments such as “I don’t need to pay extra for a bunch of shinny parts and most of them you can’t see” and “I just want a kit which performs like OEM.” First off, the finish on the parts used in FI kit is a result of their attention to detail. It’s not all about autistics about the fit and finish of the parts. Many of the fittings were designed to eliminate flow and failure points as a one piece properly designed piece that will perform better and more reliable than a two part piece made for mass production. It is a commitment to quality control as all of the parts manufactured for production were completed by local vendor here in the good USA. This meant that there was face to face interaction between Dan, Tony and the vendor. I am confident that there were no compromises or short cuts made just to get the kit out on some predetermined deadline. I say this because I witness Tony in action when he received some parts from a vendor that were not to his standard. He sent them back even though this was the second time they had screwed up the order. He and his team spare no cost to bring forth a quality product.

Engine & Drive Train:
The overall appearance of the engine was perfect. The engine was clean and looked brand new. The setup looks totally like OEM in that there is very little that tips off that the engine has been modified. The sound is just like a sports car should be, distinct (head turning) and just loud enough to make you want to hear more. Because of the design of the manifolds and down pipes the turbos perform efficiently. There is no turbo lag and the spool up is incredibly fast. Sorry Terrible, but both Seb and Tony said they spool faster than your or Seb’s stage II GTM TT. It was pretty cool seeing them both light up when they gave me there impression. The car just wants to make boost!

The Fast Intentions Oil Cooler does what it is supposed to…keep the oil cool. The highest temperature that I have experienced is 224. It averages about 184. I reached 244 on a stretch of road that is high speed and twisty at the same time. My speed averaged between 65 and 100mp so I’m in third gear for all ten or so miles. Once I backed off and then leveled out to 80mp on the freeway it returned to 184 immediately. This was nice to see as my Z tends to run oil temps a little on the high side.

The SZ clutch and flywheel is a precision made product capable of holding the torque being made. The entire kit weighs about 31 pounds. I have not noticed any noise or chatter, but I have spent most of my driving time in a 4x4 truck so I’m accustom to noise. The clutch feels way better than OEM IMHO. It is more alive and responsive. I find it easy to change gears quickly when necessary to do so.

The upgrade in bushings and sway bars makes all the difference in keeping the car connected to the ground. There is absolutely no wheel hop and I have not experienced the car wanting to step out on me. It’s just a matter of waiting for the tires to hook up.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

HOTRODZ Review Continuted
Drivability:
This is where this kit shines. I know I have not driven as many supercars or pony car as many of you on the forum, but I have been behind the wheel of enough to know that a Z with this kit will shine with the best of them. When I think of drivability my first of go to speed and acceleration. This kit brings great power and it comes on quickly. From full stop there is no way to overcome the fact that Z’s are slow off the line and is the sole reason there are no 10 second cars. First is to short and so is second for drag racing. There is so much power brought on so quickly you aren’t going to cover much ground in quickly in those two gears, but when it hooks up in third gear…hold on. The acceleration is incredibly quick and controllable. It will set you back in your seat. What I mean by controllable is that as long as the car is pointed in a straight line it does not step out on you or push you one way or the other as I have had seen or experienced with some built pony cars. You definitely need to make sure your braking is up to the job given the increase power. Driving home was fun as making passes was easy and quick. The biggest worry is, can the people who want to keep up stop as fast as I could. Also, the kit will make boost in all gears. Just as Terrible stated you don’t have to drop gears if you are cruising at 70mp and you need to get on it in 6th gear. I made 8psi in 6th gear on one run.

Throttle control is another important factor for weekend warriors and racers. Being able to moderate your speed heading into and mostly out turns is critical and because the power comes on smoothly this is not a problem. I have not found any issues modulating or feathering the pedal on sweeping turns or a series of s turns. It is simply mind blowing to be able to feather the power through a turn and then lay in down once you got it pointed down the next straight away. Cy, you are going to love your set up!

Having said all of this, the car is very compliant as a daily driver. I can easily drive it without boost. Not sure why…but it’s very doable. The funny thing is that even when I drive it without mashing the pedal to the floor, the responsiveness is better than it was before. The car just begs you to make it go. Seb told me the car will make boost just on a gradual uphill climb. It does, it’s not much, but it doesn’t like losing speed. I watch it make boost while being on cruise control!

Parting Shot:
In the last part of my 1st career I was trained and educated as quality manager and was a State quality examiner for AZ State Quality Award program. The program is based off the Malcolm Baldrige Award criteria. All I am saying is that I know good business practices and what it takes to make a quality business. Fast Intentions and SpecialtyZ are in a league that few can compete with because of their commitment to quality and customer service. They are committed to making the whole transaction to project completion one that their customer will not forget and that their product will exceed your expectation. This is what they have done for me and I am glad to tell you all about it. So a little advise from an old guy; you don’t want to spend money on your most expensive possession (for some people) and only want an OEM reliability or operation. I don’t! If it does not work any better than OEM why install it on my vehicle. So do yourself a favor and save up your money and buy this kit. You won’t be sorry. Please PM me if you have any questions you don’t wish to share and just like Terrible if I have the time and you are passing through or I’m in your town and you would like to go for a ride…let’s do it!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:25 PM
daonlyillwiz

Does this kit come with an oilpan ?

also

it looks like the turbo's are being fed from the heads, no restrictor/filter required ?

Where are you feeding the coolant from for the turbo's?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 PM
DR.FixThat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1cleanG

I'm still open to be a prototype if you guys needed my car? I talked to tony I think about 2-3 months ago about the kit on a G37? If not i'll just be happy to see the kit released
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
UncleFunkle
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm, I will be deploying soon, so that is time that I will not need my car. I am in Vegas so not to far to drop it off
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
If you were in Ohio. Id volunteer my Gx

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions TT Kit - Press Release! SOON TO BE AVAILABLE TO THE G!!!