Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Mad A
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Javi2380
Maybe i should of started my on forum/topic but im thinking of the stillen sc but i wanted to know since my 08 g37s coupe just hit 110,000 miles on it with no major issue and all and most maintenance done would anybody still sc it. I really dont care just want peoples opionion and advice. Either way im getting this kit next year.
Generally speaking, people shy away from adding forced induction to a NA high mileage engine. If you want to go through with it anyway without a rebuild, then definitely check your compression first. Make sure the engine is still healthy, not burning a lot of oil and has solid compression figures on all cylinders. And as always when boosting a naturally aspirated engine, be ready and able to deal with a blown engine (have enough money for a rebuild/replacement engine install, and another form of transportation in case things go boom)
Old 06-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Mengde916

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at this G37 coupe that has been supercharged do you think its a good buy or bad..
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport for sale in Sacramento, CA | Stock #: 1120
Old 06-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Javi2380

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mengde916
I was looking at this G37 coupe that has been supercharged do you think its a good buy or bad..
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport for sale in Sacramento, CA Stock #: 1120
Honestly that's a really good deal, i just bought a 08 with 105,000 miles on it for $11,500 and im going to supercharge mine next year. Im adding other mods to supplement the supercharger for now. But back to the 08 you want to purchase go buy that baby asap dont think twice about it. Make sure everything checks out carfax, how many vehicles owners maintenance etc etc. Supercharger go for $6500 plus install so u do the math/$$$ ur gonna save. Great deal my friend fyi go go go.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Mad A
Registered Member

The supercharger kit does not usually come perfect in stock form. There was a problem with the throttle body sensor extension cables for example, which I am currently experiencing, so you will have to buy a new cable once the current one acts up. I guess what I am saying is plan to spend some money to fix the problems that caused the previous owner to trade this in That is what I am dealing with right now, after buying a used car with the Stillen Supercharger kit on it.

Edit: Also to give you an idea, I bought my 2012 G37 Journey Sedan with 58K miles on it, plus SC kit for $15,700 plus sales tax. I think that was a pretty smoking deal, and it left me room in the budget for fixing issues. I personally would not buy a used supercharged G with 112k+ miles without an extensive set of inspections (engine health, compression check etc)
Old 07-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Tonyq
Registered Member

i got a 2010 g37s with a new longblock, tranny and installed the stillen sc kit at the same time. after a year been having the p1239 throttle code replaced throttle bodies and harness kit still having the same problem. its getting annoying anyone have an idea?
i went from uprev to ecutek as well same problems.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Mad A
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Tonyq
i got a 2010 g37s with a new longblock, tranny and installed the stillen sc kit at the same time. after a year been having the p1239 throttle code replaced throttle bodies and harness kit still having the same problem. its getting annoying anyone have an idea?
i went from uprev to ecutek as well same problems.
Oh man, I have the same issue and just ordered the new extension cable/harness. You have the new one, right? If so then that sucks, as I had heard that would solve the problem.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Tonyq
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mad A
Oh man, I have the same issue and just ordered the new extension cable/harness. You have the new one, right? If so then that sucks, as I had heard that would solve the problem.
Yup went down to stillen myself bought the new cable/harness installed it, still
happens.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey guys sorry to ask I swear I've been making a dent on reading this whole thread...
what is the issue with fitment between the stillen kit for the 370z and g37? I've been prowling the used market especially now that I want the air-air and most of the superchargers are off a 370z, so what fitment issues will I run into?
Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 AM
Ihtbealexxx

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Hey guys sorry to ask I swear I've been making a dent on reading this whole thread...
what is the issue with fitment between the stillen kit for the 370z and g37? I've been prowling the used market especially now that I want the air-air and most of the superchargers are off a 370z, so what fitment issues will I run into?
My car is actually in the middle of an install right now using a kit for a NISMO 370z. I had the shop figure out the logistics for the conversion for me. Can't remember everything off hand, but I DO know that I needed about $300 worth of brackets to make sure the kit fit on my car. Stillen said the fuel pump for the kit wouldn't fit, but I needed a new one from them regardless since the original owner kept the pump for his TT setup.
The following users liked this post:
RickyBobby (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 06:48 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ihtbealexxx
My car is actually in the middle of an install right now using a kit for a NISMO 370z. I had the shop figure out the logistics for the conversion for me. Can't remember everything off hand, but I DO know that I needed about $300 worth of brackets to make sure the kit fit on my car. Stillen said the fuel pump for the kit wouldn't fit, but I needed a new one from them regardless since the original owner kept the pump for his TT setup.
Thank you, the numbers are good to know considering I would also have to factor in flying, the parts, etc if buying used. I'll be compression testing my motor on Monday to make sure it's in good shape for boost. I really want to do the air-air conversion so I wonder if Stillen will let me buy their kit without the intercooler..
Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
so when you say valve body upgrade is that the transgo kit or is it something else? I have that and it's getting installed in a week
Old 09-15-2017, 03:27 PM
milkcow500
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Vizard_87
so when you say valve body upgrade is that the transgo kit or is it something else? I have that and it's getting installed in a week
When people mention valve body, I automatically think they are talking about the 7at. Transgo only made a valve body upgrade for the 5at.

So to make things easier, they are the same thing for different transmissions.

Level Ten Valve Body = 7AT
Transgo Valve Body = 5AT
​​​
Old 12-08-2017, 11:09 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

I’ve got my cash ready, mechanic on standby, coilovers, 1.5 way lsd, driveshaft, res tp’s, q bumper, and topgunz first batch of air-air supercharger kit gettin shipped soon. Car is going through one hell of a new years transformation! Will post before and after dynos if i get around to it but i usually just gauge performance improvement at the track. Starting off with 91 octane, currently have uprev arc but may go ecutek.
Btw is g37sam the same who did the rb30/26 swap? Thats what i came here for but got distracted:-)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:10 PM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey guys, looking to get the Stillen SC kit for my AWD Q60. Sorry if this is going off-rails for the thread title, but seems all of the experts are in here. Have a few questions I am looking for help with:

Regarding the FrozenBoost IC, WAT001026 is the correct P/N, yeah?

Also, those of you who have installed this WA-IC, and turned the bumper beam upside-down, the tow hook nub ends up on top of the beam. So...is the tow nub now visible behind the grille? Curious because I was contemplating getting the VIS Zelda grille for my Q60 with the grille material that matches the OEM lower grille, and if that tow nub is visible behind the Zelda grill I may be able to make the tow hook usable again after flipping the bumper beam?

Are the latest 2018 Stillen canned tunes pretty good now? I saw some more recent posts saying there has been big improvements in canned tunes a few years ago

Thanks guys!
Old 08-26-2018, 04:18 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
A setup like this will never run right in the stock configuration using mafs, intake air temps from before the heat exchanger, and software that isn't capable of speed density tuning, you’re going to want to run a full SD tune on ecutek to avoid erratic fueling behavior due to bypass valve activity effect on the mafs and fueling issues between banks since with the maf setup each maf feeds one bank but when the pipes merge at the manifold it all goes to the same place.

i specialize in tuning these kits using full Sd and a proprietary airflow modeling technique. Pm me if you want to chat or want to have me do the tune for you.

Originally Posted by takemorepills
Hey guys, looking to get the Stillen SC kit for my AWD Q60. Sorry if this is going off-rails for the thread title, but seems all of the experts are in here. Have a few questions I am looking for help with:

Regarding the FrozenBoost IC, WAT001026 is the correct P/N, yeah?

Also, those of you who have installed this WA-IC, and turned the bumper beam upside-down, the tow hook nub ends up on top of the beam. So...is the tow nub now visible behind the grille? Curious because I was contemplating getting the VIS Zelda grille for my Q60 with the grille material that matches the OEM lower grille, and if that tow nub is visible behind the Zelda grill I may be able to make the tow hook usable again after flipping the bumper beam?

Are the latest 2018 Stillen canned tunes pretty good now? I saw some more recent posts saying there has been big improvements in canned tunes a few years ago

Thanks guys!

Last edited by bythabay; 08-27-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!