Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Clutch/Flywheel Combo for good price.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 AM
G3708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch/Flywheel Combo for good price.

I dont race my car so I just want to have people opinion about this product.

Combo #1: Z1 Clutch and Flywheel combo

Combo #2: 2007+ Infiniti G35/G37 JWT HD Clutch/Flywheel Combo
Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
what combo ar eyou referring to?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Going with a 17lb light flywheel makes driving in traffic a lot harder.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken
Going with a 17lb light flywheel makes driving in traffic a lot harder.
I haven't noticed any issues with difficulty driving in traffic with the light wieght flywheel... only draw back is the cement mixer noise you get from the tranny that the stocker dual mass unit took care of....
Old 04-08-2011, 07:02 AM
G3708

Originally Posted by mikelr
I haven't noticed any issues with difficulty driving in traffic with the light wieght flywheel... only draw back is the cement mixer noise you get from the tranny that the stocker dual mass unit took care of....

JWT clutch has not gave u any problem? I see that ur using this brand.
Are you saying using light flywheel can cost more noise on tranny?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
mikelr

I have not had any issues with the clutch itself, I've put about 6k on it with FI. When you get rid of the stock dual mass flywheel your going to get some rattle from the gears and the disc itself but it's just noise and won't harm anything.
Big issue with the JWT clutch others have found is the stock slave and master can't handle the increased pressure needed to operate it and so they fail. There are aftermarket hydraulics available now, I would invest in that if you go with a heavy duty clutch. When I installed mine nothing was available, so I just make sure I don't hold the clutch in too much and keep my gear changes slow and steady not "banging" gears..
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM
G3708

I have not had any issues with the clutch itself, I've put about 6k on it with FI. When you get rid of the stock dual mass flywheel your going to get some rattle from the gears and the disc itself but it's just noise and won't harm anything.
Big issue with the JWT clutch others have found is the stock slave and master can't handle the increased pressure needed to operate it and so they fail. There are aftermarket hydraulics available now, I would invest in that if you go with a heavy duty clutch. When I installed mine nothing was available, so I just make sure I don't hold the clutch in too much and keep my gear changes slow and steady not "banging" gears..
You think its a good idea to keep it stock? Buy OEM flywheel and just mate it with aftermarket clutch? Because the shop recommended i should replace both clutch and flywheel together.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you talking about the noise when you idle with the clutch engaged?
Whenever I idle and release the clutch pedal, I get a noise similar to that and I am stock.
Dealership said it was the throwout bearing and was normal in these cars.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the noise was the reason why I removed the lightweight flywheel. ALthough it does feel faster I just couldn't take the noise. It was too much in my case.

Originally Posted by G3708
You think its a good idea to keep it stock? Buy OEM flywheel and just mate it with aftermarket clutch? Because the shop recommended i should replace both clutch and flywheel together.
Not a good idea, if I were you I would swap out everything completely because you never know how long the stock flywheel will last. I'm waiting for The right time when I have some extra cash I'm planning on getting the SPEC TWINS clutch kit along with the CSC
Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM
mikelr

Originally Posted by G3708
Maybe if you would elaborate on why you are looking at clutches to begin with...?
If you aren't going with a FI set up or if you aren't interested in every last bit of power available to the wheels in a normally aspirated set up i would stay stock.
If your stock clutch is shot and the aftermarket option is cheaper as a replacement then I would say why not.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
G3708

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
I'm planning on getting the SPEC TWINS clutch kit along with the CSC
Nice. sound expensive.

Maybe if you would elaborate on why you are looking at clutches to begin with...?
If you aren't going with a FI set up or if you aren't interested in every last bit of power available to the wheels in a normally aspirated set up i would stay stock.
If your stock clutch is shot and the aftermarket option is cheaper as a replacement then I would say why not.
No reason at all just preparing for the moment to come that way i know what to do.