Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GUTCH
I thought once you send Sam your car's info, he sends you back the file/tune you need. Why is Uprev involved?

Or aren't we talking about the turnkey kit? Or am I just an idiot?

That's the case with most sedans and coupes. The ECU has already been worked on for these two. Uprev nor sam has seen a convertible ecu. Once i have mine uploaded and uprev works on it, if another vert owner wants to s/c then it should be send sam file, few hours he sends it back.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM
PictureMeRolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any way you could post the installation instructions?

I'm seriously considering getting a SC or TT and would LOVE to install it myself If I could read through the instructions and get some level of comfort that I can handle the install I can probably make it happen much sooner.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals...structions.pdf
Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM
PictureMeRolin

Sweet thanks!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I plan this same upgrade over the winter....looking forward to your comments...
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Fezzik

UPDATE: Link below is a small writeup and notes. I have started the car but not driven it yet as I do not have a ROM file from uprev yet. Supposed to get it today or tomorrow. SAM has been on them to get it going. After mine is done it will only be a matter of hours for Sam to fix G37 verts.

2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible GTM supercharger installation how-to

Last edited by Fezzik; 10-25-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
PictureMeRolin

No file yet? Thats nuts. It seems like that should be the easiest part of the entire install...

Originally Posted by Fezzik
UPDATE: This link will send you to a small writeup of everything. I have not gotten a ROM file yet so I can not drive the car yet.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Fezzik

It will be once its been cracked by uprev. Once Sam has a cracked file you just send your ecu part number and he will turn around in a few mins/hours give you something back.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great Job Dave, now you have to get this baby moving...(off course you need RunOnMoney)!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Great writeup man!

Any tips on the part where you bend the PS lines? How did you go about doing that? I don't wanna fvck that part up lol
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Fezzik

heh. I just grabbed the hosed and pulled up. That's it. It's a tight fit in that area with the breather hose, p/s hose, supercharger oil hose feed and return, and alterator wires and power steering wire.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
UPDATE: Link below is a small writeup and notes. I have started the car but not driven it yet as I do not have a ROM file from uprev yet. Supposed to get it today or tomorrow. SAM has been on them to get it going. After mine is done it will only be a matter of hours for Sam to fix G37 verts.

Nice Dave... soooo close you can almost taste it, huh? lol
Old 10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Fezzik

Still waiting on the rom. Apparently Uprev has patched it but was unable to test it on their test ecu (said it crashed) so They recommend not uploading it until it has been tested on their test ecu. Ugh. I just want my car back now. heh. Had a small leak in a powersteering housing that had an end welded. Sam addressed the issue right away with a next dayed me the new part.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Fezzik

I thought this was a nice detail answer to someone's question on another board asking why i chose the GTM and difference in the tuner and turn key

Well Valid questions. I am not a specific fan of Stillen or GTM. I have heard of stillen a lot and a little about GTM. The fields infiniti here even had a g37 coupe with the Stillen S/C installed on it. It was nice. I even went for a test drive in it. I've read a lot on both and talked a lot to Josh at Stillen and Sam at GTM before making my decsion to go with GTM.
The Stillen kit looked to be a very quality s/c. The parts looked to be well made. You get a new intake manifold and the supercharger does mount on top driver side. The stillen kit is supposedly louder as well. This didnt bother me when I test drove the Stillen, it did not appear to be overbearing to me.
The stillen kit is on hold and not being sold at the moment until they get software figured out. The problem that people were having on other parts of the board is problems with the tuning. With the stillen kit you get the uprev software BUT you can not go and tune it yourself. It is locked by stillen. IF you want to tune it you have to buy the license for it which can be near a grand i think. Someone has tuned the stillen themselves and its working great showing that its more software issue than hardware. Stillen is right now on their 6th revision of the tune. ALso to get the warranty offered by Stillen yo have to use the CARB tune which is extremely restricted.

The GTM kit is a nice kit as well. I personally like the looks of it better. Less agressive with the s/c hidden down below and the intake tubes looking like cold air intakes. I got mine powder coated black as well. I also put a thermal coating on the intercooler to help with heat exchange. The GTM kit has had a couple of people installed with decent results. The only dyno other than GTM provided with their own car is on Shumby's (myG37.com) and it was on a 6psi pulley. He got really good results. In all honesty I felt more comfortable with the GTM kit. I also wanted a sleeper kinda of car too, so this worked as well.

The GTM turn key kit comes with everything and Sam will give you the updates that will work best for your car. You do a few runs with the uprev monitoring and SAM will adjust if needed.
The Tuner kit comes with everything that tuner kit comes with EXCEPT fuel system stuff (injectors, fuel pump) and no uprev cable or software license. The tuner kit was probably designed more for people who had the cobb access port (but now they are stopping support which sucks) and people who may have already had injectors or fuel pump done. Now if you hadnt done any of these things the Turn key will be cheaper by a long shot. Price difference between the 2 is about 700 dollars.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Fezzik

I had been stumped for 2 days trying to figure out how to bleed the power steering system. Should be easy right? The pump kept whining and there were bubble everywhere in teh resevoir. I check all connections and no leaks. I was pulling my hair out. Come to find out there was a small microscopic hole in the power steering housing from GTM. They had to weld a hole shut in the housing and during the polish of it, it looks like a small hole that DID not allow auto tranny fluid out but did allow air to be sucked up in there. Sam did not that they did have this problem once before and overnight a new part. Took 10 mins to put new part on and all is well now.

Quick Reply: GTM supercharger install