MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   Help !!!Shipping a catback exhaust help!!! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/208454-shipping-a-catback-exhaust-help.html)

Harley'sG 05-17-2010 11:24 AM

!!!Shipping a catback exhaust help!!!

Hey guys, sorry if I put this in the wrong spot but not sure where to post.

Can someone tell me how you shipped/received an exhaust that you bought from a individual and not a "dealer" or store? If shipped in a box, where did you find it and what size worked? I just bought one but when the guy took it to UPS they didn't have a box big enough for shipping. ??? Help please!

Thanks...

Black Betty 05-17-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Harley'sG (Post 2909238)
Hey guys, sorry if I put this in the wrong spot but not sure where to post.

Can someone tell me how you shipped/received an exhaust that you bought from a individual and not a "dealer" or store? If shipped in a box, where did you find it and what size worked? I just bought one but when the guy took it to UPS they didn't have a box big enough for shipping. ??? Help please!

Thanks...

1) Isn't that the seller/shipper's problem to solve? Didn't they think of that before selling it to you?
2) You should keep a big box like that when purchased from the vendor so that you can ship it out to someone if you sell it later.
3) It may require buying 2 large boxes and taping them together (that's how I shipped my OEM muffler).
4). Try a Uhaul store or a box company.

Harley'sG 05-17-2010 12:03 PM

You would think that would have been thought through and figured out but now I'm just trying to help and get the friggin thing shipped!

hispeed-lowdrag 05-17-2010 12:07 PM

the UPS store does custom boxes...I've had them make me boxes that are weird/out of spec sizes several times

and its the shippers problem...they should have figured out how to ship it before selling it

Black Betty 05-17-2010 12:28 PM

U-Haul moving supplies: Grand Wardrobe Box

This one may work. Since the seller doesn't seem all that great at figuring out shipping, make sure that they also wrap the piping/mufflers with something inside the box. Bubble wrap, layers of brown paper, cushion wrap, etc, so that that the pieces don't clank against each other inside the box and get scratched from rough handling. I's also a good idea to reinforce the ends of the box with another layer of cardboard or two so that the ends of the piping don't end up poking through the ends of the box when it's handled. It's a great idea to fill the entire box with packing peanuts so nothing can shift or move around but that maybe too much to hope for.

Best of luck.

Bears04r1 05-17-2010 01:00 PM

I got an exhaust shipped to me for a motorcycle and in the box, they had the muffler in a plastic bag and it was held in place by expanding foam. It is light, cheap, and you only have to put it in a few spots and let it dry.....now if you can only find a box.

DmfG37sTT 05-17-2010 02:01 PM

i boxed and shipped my exhaust through fedex and they didnt have one problem with it

Harley'sG 05-24-2010 02:01 PM

Thanks for the help guys...I finally got it but it was...well...different! UPS thought the muffler was a big game controller...haha...

Harley'sG 05-24-2010 02:02 PM

Now I wanna sell my OEM but can't post here without paying for premier...gotta do some more posting I guess...