Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

See what happens to your g37 after a twin turbo install!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
fireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm well i would for sure go to GTM if you are on the west coast. and far as the KITs there is not really to much of a difference. THE KEY TO THE G37TT IS THE TUNE SAM PLEASE FIND A WAY TO TUNE THESE CARS RIGHT... I AM BEGGING... THE TUNE WILL MAKE THIS CAR COMPLETELY INSANE.... PLEASE PLEASE...
ALSO THE MECHANIC THAT DEVELOPED AND INSTALLED MY TT SETUP LEFT AAM AND STARTED HIS OWN SHOP. PM ME FOR HIS DETAILS HE WILL GLADELY DO ANOTHER...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by fireboy
hmm well i would for sure go to GTM if you are on the west coast. and far as the KITs there is not really to much of a difference.
I totally disagree with you in the above statement, We offer the only complete force induction solution for the G37. Offering a turbo kit for the G37VHR is not only about fabing a couple manifold, piping and intercooler and calling it a turbo kit. And so far this is a what we have seen from Performance Factory before closing down and your car from AAM. my point is , if you can't offer a complete turn key solution don't go to school on people cars.

When we decided to make a turbo, we went and bought a G37 so we can do our research and development, in a matter of fact we have passed the half million mark in R&D alone for the HR and VHR, and let me tell you tuning these cars is no picnic. You can easily damage something without you knowing it .so choosing a turbo kit is all about a complete solutions not about fabing bunch of parts .

THE KEY TO THE G37TT IS THE TUNE SAM PLEASE FIND A WAY TO TUNE THESE CARS RIGHT... I AM BEGGING... THE TUNE WILL MAKE THIS CAR COMPLETELY INSANE.... PLEASE PLEASE...
Tuning these cars has been mastered over a year ago . and there is no reason for your car not to have oem drivability, otherwise why bother modding the car .

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 12-22-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:30 AM
fireboy

i agree with you but from what i am being told from several reputable people is that there are still issues with tuning this car. example the hesitation and dealing with the VVEL. if this is not true and you can completely tune my car to where it needs to be i will fly you to the east coast and you can tune my car. PLEASE PM ME.....
and you are right you cant call my setup a kit because AAM never put in the money to make it a kit... trust me i dont recommend anybody going to AAM.... if your on the east coast and want TT on your car go to Forged performance, if not GTM on the west coast..
Old 12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
i agree with you but from what i am being told from several reputable people is that there are still issues with tuning this car. example the hesitation and dealing with the VVEL. if this is not true and you can completely tune my car to where it needs to be i will fly you to the east coast and you can tune my car. PLEASE PM ME.....
and you are right you cant call my setup a kit because AAM never put in the money to make it a kit... trust me i dont recommend anybody going to AAM.... if your on the east coast and want TT on your car go to Forged performance, if not GTM on the west coast..
Well i'm not really sure what to tell you, we are not having this problem and after putting over 40 hours in the tune we did achieve good drivability, I have received several phone calls from AAM and also from HKS since HKS also received many tech support calls, You really have to understand how this engine works for someone to tune it ,and i can tell from my conversation with AAM that they are not taking the right approach,there is so many compensation tables that have be utilized in the fcon to make everything sink together otherwise your fitting a loosing battle.

Now as far as fixing your current issue call me to discuss further.

SAM

GT MOTGORSPORTS
Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 PM
fireboy

yes i know this trust me and so does many others... i will be calling you
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 AM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
+1 on that. AAM is not a trusted place to go with your nissan/infiniti. I bought a few parts there for my G37 but I would never let them touch my car. They messed up one of my friends car with their so called "RE-FLASH". I can keep going. I thought you had a good experience with them?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:20 AM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Check out ISPracing.com they're in beltsville, Md. heard good thing about them. Does not have software for G37 tuning tho. But good people!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Budakai

With the stage one GTM turn key package, do we have to send GTM our ECU as a core?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:36 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by Budakai
With the stage one GTM turn key package, do we have to send GTM our ECU as a core?
depends what they say about the kit. but the best/safest way to go f/i is to have the car dyno tuned by a tuner knowledgeable with your car. where do you live?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Budakai

Philadelphia PA. Everyone is saying that GTM cant tune these cars. GTM's Stage one tune isnt good?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 PM
w0ady

who is everyone?

gtm has done the most vq35hr/37 kits ive seen. forged performance is probably 2nd.

im not saying their tune isnt good. but each car is as different as a fingerprint. to truly get the best out of your car, you want it tuned on a dyno by someone who knows what they're doing. thats not saying you cant run the kit out of the box with decent power and reliability.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Budakai

Thanks for the info. Do you know any good tuners on the east coast?
Old 12-25-2008, 05:56 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by Budakai
Thanks for the info. Do you know any good tuners on the east coast?
sharif at forged performance in atlanta. there's a couple other good shops in the northeast like vinny ten but i really dont know them that well. maybe someone in your area can chime in.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM
fireboy

yes i have chimmed in several times. and period SAM at GTM is one of the best tuners in the US.. and is very knowledgable in tuning these cars. he is and has been working with shariff to help shariff tune these cars... if you live in philly i will recommend Frank Hill
Frank Hill @ "Hill's Garage"
410-636-5554 (P)
410-636-5558 (F)
4700 Belle Grove Road Unit 15
Baltimore, MD 21225
Specializing in Nissan & Infiniti
to do the install of your kit he is hands down one of the best Nissan and Infiniti Mechanics ont he east coast. he developed my setup.. for my G.. and the only person that will touch my car... in jan i am going to shariff to do the tune right.... GTM is a great Kit if you have questions about the kit i would recommend contacting SAM at GTM... i am goign to put this out there.. i have plenty of experiences with my car and my setup if you want more info feel free to call me 540 -797-6120 nick. i would be glad to talk to you...
Old 12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
juang37

Gtm is the best turbo kit out there for the g37.best fitment performance etc. Sam is also a very helpfull person. I bought the extreme turbo kit from gtm gt 30's tha big boy so far the car made it 502 @12 psi. those turbo's are still sleeping @ 12 psi. GTM is the place to
go...

Quick Reply: See what happens to your g37 after a twin turbo install!!!!