MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/187528-official-cobb-accessport-question-answer-and-help-thread.html)

Jatt 07-06-2009 05:14 PM

:flame:i haven't search around tooo much... (putting on flame suite). did you guys know that cobb website now has the tuner pro and beta out. http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=4282

chamelieon 07-06-2009 06:00 PM

yeah it was brought up 4 posts back..

kaos2774 07-08-2009 12:13 AM

Any one els having problem uploading a base map on to Access tuner race? I keep getting Unable to load map file. Invalid base map file please verify vehicle and vender of map file. I tryed to load stage 1 and stage 2 on to it

TravisCOBB 07-10-2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by kaos2774 (Post 2677244)
Any one els having problem uploading a base map on to Access tuner race? I keep getting Unable to load map file. Invalid base map file please verify vehicle and vender of map file. I tryed to load stage 1 and stage 2 on to it

What map are you using? Is this a map downloaded off our website or a protuner map you are trying to tweak? Most protuned maps are locked by the tuner and you cannot modify them. Other than that, make sure that you have loaded the latest versions of base maps and updated the firmware on your AccessPORT and dongle.

Travis
COBB Tuning

kaos2774 07-10-2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TravisCOBB (Post 2680267)
What map are you using? Is this a map downloaded off our website or a protuner map you are trying to tweak? Most protuned maps are locked by the tuner and you cannot modify them. Other than that, make sure that you have loaded the latest versions of base maps and updated the firmware on your AccessPORT and dongle.

Travis
COBB Tuning

They are map's from your website. I Have the latest version firmware, and I got the map's from the list of Nissan map's that cam with the race tuner download.

GNLuver 07-10-2009 10:01 PM

I get the same thing.....are they locked?

Also....Travis....check out the AccessTuner Race Thread to see if you have some answers to some of my questions....
TIA....

Staples 07-10-2009 10:58 PM

They're locked so they can't be tampered with. If you get tuned, you'll have to start with a stock baseline.

TravisCOBB 07-13-2009 07:30 PM

The maps that are downloaded on our website are not locked, they are greating starting points for a custom tune. I will forward these concerns onto our engineering team and see if we can't give you some answers.

Travis
COBB Tuning

GNLuver 07-13-2009 07:48 PM

Thanks Travis....let us know.....I thought they would be great starting points as well....

tg20 11-16-2009 11:23 PM

friend of mine has a 35 and used the accessport is there anyway it would work on my 37??

3ngery 04-16-2010 07:58 AM

What map should i use if all i have is a Stillen SRI installed?

Cna i use the stage 2 map? and what should my average AFR be as im running WOT, and normal load besides 14.7?

Sorry if this question has been answered b4.

DCook42 04-16-2010 05:23 PM

From what I understand, and personal experience, I'd say forget about the Cobb AP right now as it only addresses AFR and a slight bump in redline. I'm very happy with my Uprev tune, with which AFR and ignition timing can be customized to your car. The variation from engine to engine, especially when mods are involved, optimally should be tuned on a car-by-car basis, rather than with a "one size fits most" a la Cobb. Also, finish your bolt ons before you get your tune. It's been weeks since I got tuned, and I'm very happy with the 320whp I got on the Mustang dyno, and I never get tired of slamming my friends' heads back into the passenger seat :biggthumpup:.

In sum - forget Cobb for now, and find yourself the nearest Uprev Osiris tuner. I think the more experienced guys on this forum would agree, and you'll be happier in the long run. Good luck!

whiddles 04-16-2010 05:28 PM

Call cobb ant talk to them. cobb can adjust all the things uprev can. plus cobb in is better if your car is still under warranty. you can simply uninstall and reinstall the cobb where as you cannot with the UPREV. just my 2 cents