Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

My G Got Operated On (success)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:57 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fkat
^^hey pms, glad someone decided that noise is not acceptable on a brand new car. I've driven MT all my life and that's not normal sound coming from a brand new car.

question: do you remeber at what miles you started noticing the noise and did it get progressivley worse/louder?
mines started around 2k.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Pms1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fkat
^^hey pms, glad someone decided that noise is not acceptable on a brand new car. I've driven MT all my life and that's not normal sound coming from a brand new car.

question: do you remeber at what miles you started noticing the noise and did it get progressivley worse/louder?
I don't know remember the exact mileage but back in March is when I started to notice the infamous sound, especially after Dr. Jones thread. So then I just left it until the other day. As the time went by yes it was getting louder. Once it was loud enough for me, that is when I brought it in. But what is funny is I never felt the difference with the clutch which says to me maybe it has been there all along and just didn't notice the noise until it got louder.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 PM
fkat
Registered Member

thanks for the feedback. I have't hit 800 mi yet so just wondering when people started with the problem. A lot of people said here said they have the noise so it must be fairly common. I don't know what percentage. I'm just trying to see if this hit or miss deal.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pms1212
I don't know remember the exact mileage but back in March is when I started to notice the infamous sound, especially after Dr. Jones thread. So then I just left it until the other day. As the time went by yes it was getting louder. Once it was loud enough for me, that is when I brought it in. But what is funny is I never felt the difference with the clutch which says to me maybe it has been there all along and just didn't notice the noise until it got louder.
Before this current car, I had a 07 Mazdaspeed 3 and the bearing went out on that. It was my own fault, too many mods and driving it too hard though. I didn't feel any difference in the clutch pressure, just made that unbearable sound when you disengaged in neutral.

I printed out both work orders and copied and pasted your first post and printed that out too. Hopefully something will get done and I'll keep everyone posted on what happens as I made an appointment for Tuesday.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
DetroitG37Joe

my dealership, suburban infiniti of troy, refuses to do that fix, cause he doesnt wanna "waste money on low grade audible problems until an official TSb or message from Infiniti comes through"

You're lucky you have a proactive dealership and service center, PMS, To all you metro-Detroiters. Sorry you're stuck with Suburban Infiniti. At least go over to Novi, they're the lesser of the evils even though the management/owner may be the same.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
my dealership, suburban infiniti of troy, refuses to do that fix, cause he doesnt wanna "waste money on low grade audible problems until an official TSb or message from Infiniti comes through"

You're lucky you have a proactive dealership and service center, PMS, To all you metro-Detroiters. Sorry you're stuck with Suburban Infiniti. At least go over to Novi, they're the lesser of the evils even though the management/owner may be the same.
damn, what ****s.................call infiniti and complain about their services..
Old 06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
jungwoo0622

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe

i just went to dealer on glendale CA they ALSO refuses to fix this problem.
b/c they dont have any TSB about this and vehicle is moving
haha....
Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by jungwoo0622
i just went to dealer on glendale CA they ALSO refuses to fix this problem.
b/c they dont have any TSB about this and vehicle is moving
haha....
Infiniti is not going to put out a TSB, it's going to be way too costly for them.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:13 PM
GregUMR

I'm utterly pissed off at the service I've "not"received from infiniti dealerships. I have one dealership available to me within a 300 mile radius. I've taken my car in 3 times and all 3 times I've been denied any service ( all in regards to the muffler/exhaust rattle ). I called up Inf. consumer affairs and I'm in the process of getting the dealership bitched out. I have audio/visual confirmation/proof of the problem now as well.

So on topic: I have this exact issue, and its extremely loud. I've also noticed a stutter when I am releasing the clutch it feels like it comes from the rear, but it could be at the clutch ). I'm convinced these issues are related. However, I'm 100% certain the ****wads at the stealership will not fix my problem and will claim it is normal. I'm going to be throwing up quite a storm in the next few months if I keep getting treated like low grade pig ****. I even had a printed TSB showing my car was covered for the exhaust issue, along with the shop foreman and head technician in the car and verified verbally the sound in the exhaust was not right.... AAAAHHHHH
Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^start a thread and keep us posted, please.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
IP37

my dealer also tried to say the sound was normal

i have an appointment to bring it in again friday though and have someone else look at it and another issue or two

he said he could compare it to another 6mt.. but they don't have another damn 6mt. bastards
Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Staples

Originally Posted by IP37
my dealer also tried to say the sound was normal

i have an appointment to bring it in again friday though and have someone else look at it and another issue or two

he said he could compare it to another 6mt.. but they don't have another damn 6mt. bastards
I'm going to have them do it tomorrow also. I have an appointment 10AM. I'll let you guys know what's going on. I am also bringing the printout of the work orders too.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:32 AM
GregUMR

I will definitely keep you guys posted on these issues. I'm just so frustrated. I naively thought paying a lot for a car meant you'd get service....How stupid of me..
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Staples

Originally Posted by GregUMR
I will definitely keep you guys posted on these issues. I'm just so frustrated. I naively thought paying a lot for a car meant you'd get service....How stupid of me..
I don't know what to expect from the service at my dealership. They seem nice, but time will tell for sure.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
GregUMR

I just don't feel like I should have to explain things like its some unknown magic how a car works. I tell them specifics, then they come back telling me the **** is normal. Its like damnit, I've had this car for 7 months, it wasn't like this when I bought it. That alone is enough, but then they make me defend my every position, and refuse to admit anything is wrong with the car.

Its utterly frustrating. I shouldn't have to feel like a trip to the dealership will result in my defending myself against their claims and getting absolutely nothing fixed until it falls off the car.

/rant off

Quick Reply: My G Got Operated On (success)