ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Tuner Review: Enthusiast Auto Care - Ecutek

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 12:08 PM
inkognito
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking Tuner Review: Enthusiast Auto Care - Ecutek

Wanted to share my experience of getting an e-tune from one of the members on the forum here - @bythabay
I finally decided to pull the trigger after some basic mods - rhfc, cbe, and drop ins. I have a 7at rwd coupe for reference.

Eugene (the tuner) is extremely knowledgeable about these cars and tuning in general.
Once I got the hardware and he sent me a base tune (after updating my car to latest firmware for free), I collected some logs, sent them off and we did a review of the logs where Eugene explained the graphs, what’s happening and what his approach is.
This is something I don't think other tuners do, and I appreciated the opportunity to learn.

We noticed a lot of knock and ignition being pulled. We started off with a MAF sensor scaling. After 2 or 3 revisions I started noticing quite a big difference in the mid range and later the top range as Eugene implemented his custom ignition map.

Throughout this whole time, I just want to say that Eugene’s communication was top notch – very open, frequent, and honest.

We did a total of 13 revisions so far (maybe a few more minor corrections coming).

At this point the 7at seems to connect much quicker, the cars pulls much harder in mid/top range, and getting back on the gas after letting off is no longer a nightmare (the 7at guys know what I mean, I’m sure).

Overall, very satisfied with the tune. Eugene is implementing a few special features for me like anti-theft mode, launch control (yes, on an auto), a burnout mode, and a “sport” map.

A+ tuner.

Happy to answer any questions. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (08-17-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 02:40 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Interested to hear what kind of dyno numbers you're putting down. I'm a RTP away from a tune so this time next year I'll be looking to pull the trigger. From start to finish, how long has the process been thus far?
Old 08-09-2018, 04:10 PM
inkognito
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I have dyno days coming up nearby so I'll try to get those posted here, but I was looking to adjust drive-ability not chasing any numbers.

The process length is heavily dependent on you (the tunee) and how often you can supply required logs (with different pulls - low, med, high - depending how far you are in your tune).

For me it was about 2 weeks waiting for long term fuel trims to set, and then another two weeks from base tune to v13.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:23 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Good to know. Seems like the process was very meticulous which is a great thing IMO. Looking forward to your update.