ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help injector upgrade or stay stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 01:01 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts
injector upgrade or stay stock

I am getting ready for a tune session in a couple of months and have read that with my setup, it is recommended to upgrade the injectors. setup will be as follow:

3" intakes
EPS 70mm throttle bodies
test pipes
Motordyne Y-pipe
cat-back exhaust

Michael Upton, who sells the intake, has mentioned that with 3" intakes, it flows enough air that it will cause the duty cycle of stock injectors to be in the 90% range. GTR injectors are pretty cheap and I wouldn't mind buying a set. Thanks.

Latez
Old 04-23-2018, 04:54 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by projectpanda13
I am getting ready for a tune session in a couple of months and have read that with my setup, it is recommended to upgrade the injectors. setup will be as follow:

3" intakes
EPS 70mm throttle bodies
test pipes
Motordyne Y-pipe
cat-back exhaust

Michael Upton, who sells the intake, has mentioned that with 3" intakes, it flows enough air that it will cause the duty cycle of stock injectors to be in the 90% range. GTR injectors are pretty cheap and I wouldn't mind buying a set. Thanks.

Latez
Unless you're running E85 or some kind of forced induction, you shouldn't need larger injectors. If you can't hit your AFR targets because of injector duty cycle, then I suppose you could upgrade, but I can't imagine how any of those mods would really require that much more output from the injectors.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:12 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
Unless you're running E85 or some kind of forced induction, you shouldn't need larger injectors. If you can't hit your AFR targets because of injector duty cycle, then I suppose you could upgrade, but I can't imagine how any of those mods would really require that much more output from the injectors.
Yea, I got the opportunity to speak with Martin at Enthaply Tuning and Jon at Z1 about this, and both verified I wouldn't need injectors.

Latez