ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help Tuning Question - Under the Curve

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 02:11 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
[QUOTE=ttv36;4167705]But is your opinion pre-ARC or post? The gap between Uprev w/ARC and Ecutek for NA cars is very narrow. Uprev has throttle adjustments ('throttle hijack') as well, it's up to the tuner to apply them. Like I said for boosted applications then Ecutek is a better choice, but nowadays Uprev w/ARC is just as good for an NA car; it really boils down to which tuner you want to use and what software they want to use.

Hey man hows the car!

Pre, last year was the last time I really looked into it. I have read about UPREV trying to on par with Ecutek with certain thins, but until I hear or see that UPREV can take total control over the timing then maybe I'd think about it. I also could have missed a post from them or someone with experience with UPREV to verify it.

I know whan I had UPREV the timing was still controlled by part of the ECU and not the tune, and Ecutek had total control over it.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:28 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Hey man hows the car!

Pre, last year was the last time I really looked into it. I have read about UPREV trying to on par with Ecutek with certain thins, but until I hear or see that UPREV can take total control over the timing then maybe I'd think about it. I also could have missed a post from them or someone with experience with UPREV to verify it.

I know whan I had UPREV the timing was still controlled by part of the ECU and not the tune, and Ecutek had total control over it.
As I said in my first reply Uprev with ARC on VHRs now has a Simplified Timing map so you can take total control over timing in degrees instead of burn times. Unfortunately for DE/HR this feature is not available so I'm stuck with burn times still.

As for my car, it's currently awaiting a heart transplant - surgery scheduled to start Jan 2018.

I lifted the head around Oct 2016 and have since been learning how to tune it myself on Uprev with 93 @ 14psi. In my efforts to learn how to tune I made 564whp/521wtq on my current map. 2018 should be much funner for me!
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:49 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Rochester, find out if $700 is including license + dyno tune. That is the going rate. Starting to think maybe you misunderstood them.

If they are charging $700 for tuning services only, ask them why.

Specialty Z, Z1, Visconti, etc they all charge basically the same rate. And they're arguably the most reputable Z/G tuners in the country. Ask Berg why they charge double that rate. If they blame geography, refer to how each of those shops are located in a different state (CA, TX, CT). And you can also refer to your local shops.

BTW if you're willing to drive 5 hours, you should consider Visconti. They're in Westport, CT based on their fb page.