ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help How to remove Ecutek tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 12:24 PM
jscho5

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How to remove Ecutek tune?

I posted in another thread about how my lease is up and I did a few mods to my car including an Ecutek tune. (Not sure if it was a bad idea or not). But in order to return my car back to the dealer I need to change everything back to stock. Do I need to remove Ecutek (and how?) or just upload a stock tune to it and call it a day?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I would think it is just uploading a stock tune... experts should chime in shortly.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:05 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
You can just flash the stock ROM back on but I think you lose your license :/. I flashed mine back to the stock ROM, the Dealer reflashed my ECU and my license was wiped out. I had to send the dealer paper work to my tuner to get a new license.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:50 PM
stevo4756
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
You can just flash the stock ROM back on but I think you lose your license :/. I flashed mine back to the stock ROM, the Dealer reflashed my ECU and my license was wiped out. I had to send the dealer paper work to my tuner to get a new license.
If you don't mind me asking Did you have to pay for another license or since it's the same car they just reissued the same license?

Ecutek doesn't store the license on the cable like uprev? So not only does it cost more, but you cant transfer the license when you upgrade to a newer G? What happens if you wreck your G?

Uprev is starting to sound better and better... I won't have to replace my ecu on my 08 like I would if I wanted all the ecutek features...
Old 02-04-2016, 12:16 AM
cuco
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you able to swap ECU with someone who has similar mods for the stock ECU. I'm not familiar with leading terms but I don't think that would void it correct? Your could get some money back for your tune by selling it to someone else.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by stevo4756
If you don't mind me asking Did you have to pay for another license or since it's the same car they just reissued the same license?

Ecutek doesn't store the license on the cable like uprev? So not only does it cost more, but you cant transfer the license when you upgrade to a newer G? What happens if you wreck your G?

Uprev is starting to sound better and better... I won't have to replace my ecu on my 08 like I would if I wanted all the ecutek features...
I did not have to pay for another license, as long as you have paperwork showing why the license is gone you will get it for no cost. I would bet of yo wreck your G or trade the car they would issue you a new license but I'd call them just to check. I thought it was on the cable also. I was surprised when I tried to flash my car back when it came back from the dealer and I could not.