ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help. Cobb, UpRev, Bullydog

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
audtatious

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soliditude
I'm sure everyone can agree here: UpRev hands down is the best tune we can get for our VQ's. I have a similar setup as you, and with just the FI exhaust, I have 286WHP and 245WTRQ.

Forget Cobb on the tune, because they no longer support it for the VQ. UpRev, basically, just wiped them off the grid, because it's better and everyone is going with it. My car was tuned by a tuner who personally knows the guys who originally launched UpRev, and I'm very happy with the results. Especially with all your mods, you're gonna feel a nice, needed increase.

UpRev is your best choice.
Cobb came with basic tunes as part of the kit so purchasing a used one should include those which will work fine. After adding all upgrades you would probably use a Cobb approved tuner to run and custom tune the car anyway so it's probably still fine going forward. Cobb is simply not selling anymore for N/A's.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I plan on ordering UpRev soon
Old 07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Romulus1
I ran on a mustang as well, nice dyno
Thanx , Was very pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
DjFromVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm i was lookin at the uprev tune myself , it aint cheep tho, but looks to b well worth it tho.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Frankyg37s

uprev here its great
Old 07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure everyone can agree here: UpRev hands down is the best tune we can get for our VQ's. I have a similar setup as you, and with just the FI exhaust, I have 286WHP and 245WTRQ.

Forget Cobb on the tune, because they no longer support it for the VQ. UpRev, basically, just wiped them off the grid, because it's better and everyone is going with it. My car was tuned by a tuner who personally knows the guys who originally launched UpRev, and I'm very happy with the results. Especially with all your mods, you're gonna feel a nice, needed increase.

UpRev is your best choice.
it's looking like uprev...

Originally Posted by DjFromVA
hmmm i was lookin at the uprev tune myself , it aint cheep tho, but looks to b well worth it tho.
nice

Originally Posted by franky2222
uprev here its great
nearest is in Alberta or Seattle... sigh...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Sena

I don't think Bullydog makes for a 2008 G37S.....................
Old 07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Off topic, but your mod list says you're running Project Kics lugs with OEM wheels. That is incredibly dangerous. Please replace your stock lugs immediately if this is the case.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Sena

Originally Posted by droogie
Off topic, but your mod list says you're running Project Kics lugs with OEM wheels. That is incredibly dangerous. Please replace your stock lugs immediately if this is the case.
sorry, let me clarify.
i'm on stock wheels with oem lugs...
project kics waiting for the t1s to arrive.
thank you for thinking about my safety.
very much appreciated
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by audtatious
Cobb came with basic tunes as part of the kit so purchasing a used one should include those which will work fine. After adding all upgrades you would probably use a Cobb approved tuner to run and custom tune the car anyway so it's probably still fine going forward. Cobb is simply not selling anymore for N/A's.

Still, Cobb won't be as good as getting a live UpRev tune in which the tuner can deal with the car's particulars with the given car. UpRev will be more accurate, hence providing better results.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by DjFromVA
It is GREAT an Shouldnt be any more than $500 with tune.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Sena

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
It is GREAT an Shouldnt be any more than $500 with tune.
sure hope that it's not over that... lol
i have other things to buy for my car!!! hahahahahhahaa
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Sena
sure hope that it's not over that... lol
i have other things to buy for my car!!! hahahahahhahaa
UpRev is expensive! The tune itself is $750! That's what mine cost me. However, if your car has over 20k mileage on it, you're also gonna need new spark plugs prior to the tune. Saying that you'll want good ones, it'll run you about $1,000 altogether. It ain't cheap, so you better have all your mods ready before you finalize them with a tune. Nonetheless, worth it. I went out of state to get mine done.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM
JJsBusaRox

UpRev is expensive! The tune itself is $750! That's what mine cost me. However, if your car has over 20k mileage on it, you're also gonna need new spark plugs prior to the tune. Saying that you'll want good ones, it'll run you about $1,000 altogether.
Ouch!!! Are you Freakin' Serious??? Good thing intake and exhaust are last on my list!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox
Ouch!!! Are you Freakin' Serious??? Good thing intake and exhaust are last on my list!
I'm dead serious, lol. My tuners said that they can do everything for $1,000 when I first contacted them, but once they found out that I have only 15k mileage (time of tune), they said new plugs weren't necessary, so it was a relief for me. $750, about 45 minutes with the entire process, and you're done.

So, yeah, my recommendation is getting all the mods you want, and only then getting the tune. Because if you add on after the tune--any sufficient mods, that is--a retune will be needed to get to your optimal performance, hence, another bit of $$$. Hah.

Quick Reply: Help. Cobb, UpRev, Bullydog