ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Romulus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning

So i went to Performance Motorsports, located in Smithtown, NY, had UpRev Tuning done to my 09 X Coupe 7AT.

On the baseline, i pulled 282 hp and 235 tq to the wheels, that was just my car with the Q300 and the Gen3's on it. They ran a total of 7 pulls on my car before the finalized tune kicked out 294 hp and 248 tq, of course this is in 25* weather. The "weather corrected" number puts the car at 277 hp and 225 tq. apparently thats what my car will be more like during summer months. Definitely a noticeable difference in the way the car performs!

I have to say though, the guys at Performance Motorsports were pretty awesome. I got to chill with them, watch them do all the pulls and adjust everything. Unfortunately the Berks HFC's didnt make it in time for the tune so i'll be going back to have them installed in a few weeks, hopefully with some Hotchkis sway bars. Getting the tails painted too, they got a body shop that does some pretty sick work too. ANYWAYS just wanted to say anyone out on the Island or located near the Island whose considering a tune, should definately check out this shop. Highly recommend it!! ...and the dyno pulls from today with the weather corrected numbers!

and on this topic has anyone run a bone stock X Coupe 7AT on a dyno or know about what it pulls??
Old 12-15-2010, 12:59 PM
silverg37

how much to the wheels/
Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by silverg37
how much to the wheels/
all the numbers i listed were at the wheels
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM
1SiCkG
Banned

good choice.... i told u the guys at performance motorsports are ****in awwome and the work they do is great
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by 1SiCkG
good choice.... i told u the guys at performance motorsports are ****in awwome and the work they do is great
hands down for sure!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
vq37hr

baseline and after gen 3s

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...fter-dyno.html

after HFCs, cat back, and tune (with dyno video)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...n-x-coupe.html
Old 12-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Jakex1

how much was the tune? 550?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Romulus1

i paid 650 in total, with tax
Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vq37hr
baseline and after gen 3s

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...fter-dyno.html

after HFCs, cat back, and tune (with dyno video)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...n-x-coupe.html
holy s@#$. so you got 50hp from intake, exhaust and uprev tune?
Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 PM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, so after correcting for weather you lost power? Doesn't sound like a good deal at all. Also, pleased post up what your gains are after HFCs, no one has compared this specific combination yet, and to my knowledge it would be an original contribution to the forums.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Romulus1
i paid 650 in total, with tax
Good numbers!

Originally Posted by cvroom
holy s@#$. so you got 50hp from intake, exhaust and uprev tune?
Yes, this is a common upgrade path.. we've had a lot of customers that have installed our Gen 3's, CBE and HFCs to see ~50hp at the wheels, and UpRev is a great solution to dial everything in on the tuning side. Not huge HP gains with the tune, but dials in a specific car to maximize all of the parts to that specific car/ECU..
Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by droogie
Wait, so after correcting for weather you lost power? Doesn't sound like a good deal at all. Also, pleased post up what your gains are after HFCs, no one has compared this specific combination yet, and to my knowledge it would be an original contribution to the forums.
yes, your going to "lose" power after correcting for weather. had i run this car during the summer in 80* weather my baseline would not have been 282, it would have probably been closer to 260-something and my final would have been 277 as it shows. you get better results from colder air, hence cold air intakes giving you a nice gain just by putting them on, the entire purpose of cold air intakes, in the summer i may be sucking in 80* air, but atleast its not 500* air in the engine bay. See where i'm going with this?

and i am very happy with my total results, from what i understand, yes, i gained just under 50 horse from the intake the exhuast an a tune and as josh put it, it maximizes your vehicles output. now that its working optimaly/properly i cant compare a HFC's gain too and see what they really look like. i will post it at the end of this month, i go back on the 28th to have them instlalled and retuned if necessary!

Last edited by Romulus1; 12-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Correction factors don't make you lose power. They simply adjust the numbers on the dyno graph by multiplying the final whp number depending upon the current weather conditions at the time of the dyno run compared to "ideal" weather conditions. Depending upon which correction factor was used, "ideal" weather conditions would be something like 25C ambient temp, 0% humidity, etc.
For example, if it was 40C outside with 90% humidity, the final whp number would obviously be less than if it was 10C and 0% humidity. Therefore, if the dyno run was done in a hot summer day, the reading would be multiplied by 1.1 for example to make up for the less than ideal weather conditions. On a day when the ambient temperature is lower than ideal (such as 10C), the reading would be multiplied by 0.9 for example.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Romulus1

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
Correction factors don't make you lose power. They simply adjust the numbers on the dyno graph by multiplying the final whp number depending upon the current weather conditions at the time of the dyno run compared to "ideal" weather conditions. Depending upon which correction factor was used, "ideal" weather conditions would be something like 25C ambient temp, 0% humidity, etc.
For example, if it was 40C outside with 90% humidity, the final whp number would obviously be less than if it was 10C and 0% humidity. Therefore, if the dyno run was done in a hot summer day, the reading would be multiplied by 1.1 for example to make up for the less than ideal weather conditions. On a day when the ambient temperature is lower than ideal (such as 10C), the reading would be multiplied by 0.9 for example.
Exactly, this is a great explaination! Such as my dyno run was done in 35* air temp with low humidity. If I were to run it in the summer, on an 90* day with 90% humidity, my run would be significantly less but the car itself isn't any differnet