Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review RJM Clutch Pedal Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:42 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
RJM Clutch Pedal Assembly

I installed the RJM clutch pedal assembly the other day and it makes the car much easier to drive; the way it should have been from the factory. It is such a nice change that I actually had to re-adjust my driving to not anticipate the normal jerky "hick-up" of the normal clutch assembly- even with the Jsolo spring I already had (that is still an improvement over stock). The pedal is now consistent through the entire range of motion. Very nice mod that really should be the first thing you do if you have a 6spd.
Find it here: www.rjmperformance.com

All in all, the install is not too bad. I pulled out my seat to lay on my back, but it was really not necessary. Following are my tips to save you a bunch of time on the install.

RJM clutch pedal assembly on the left (clutch pedal not attached yet) and stock on the right. It is a lot more solidly built and surprisingly 1.5 lbs. lighter for us weight junkies.

These are the blue connectors you will unplug. Don't follow the directions wasting your time trying to unplug the top plug until you have pulled down the clutch assembly. Also don't worry about breaking the nut loose holding the top sensor on until you have the clutch assembly out of the car. Much easier to do on a bench. You can still unplug the lower blue connector and I broke the lower nut loose on the sensor while the clutch assembly was attached, but you probably don't need to.

This blue stopper is a PITA to get out of the old assembly if you just use a needle nose pliers like the directions advise. Use a needle nose on the left side to compress the "pin," but use a flat head screwdriver on the right to pop it out.

The directions say to soak the pedal cover in soap and water to get it onto the new assembly. Not necessary. The directions also say to use a butter knife to slide the top rubber of the pedal cover onto the new pedal. That will take you a week to do. Instead, use a pic to get under the top flap and slide it right over the pedal. Piece of cake.

Here is a little better picture of the orientation of the white stoppers on the new clutch pedal assembly.

This is the optional HD clevis. It is definitely a more solid part, but get it just because it is a lot easier to adjust than pulling out the cotter pin on the stock clevis. When removing the clutch assembly I pulled off the clevis and realized that the clutch arm moves down quite a ways so it is pretty easy to get the whole assembly out.

The directions say to count the number of turns when you remove the clevis so you know where to start with the new clevis, but it is not really necessary. I started with the HD clevis threaded on all the way and then moved it back one full turn which was too far out for me. Moved it back in a half turn and it was perfect.

The following 3 users liked this post by 4DRZ:
AdamBritt (12-03-2017), Calg37USMC (03-10-2018), MS64MEE (03-14-2018)