Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review Z1 high capacity differential cover with cooling fins

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:44 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Z1 high capacity differential cover with cooling fins

I ordered this part a while ago after my rear differential got so hot at Road America on a track day that I melted my ABS sensors. This caused me to lose my ABS and flat spot my front tires. Needless to say, I figured it was time to make some upgrades. I also picked up some Redline fluid and exhaust wrap to use near the rear differential to try to divert more heat away from the ABS sensors.

This differential cover is a nice high quality part with big cooling fins, more oil (cooling) capacity, and even the Z1 logo. Installation is pretty simple. You drop your exhaust, sway bar, and disconnect the differential from the drive shaft and axles. Much easier to do with a lift and a transmission jack to lower it.

I will have to report back after a track day about the effectiveness of the differential cover.

Installed

Old 10-15-2017, 02:56 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Any updates on this?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
It seems to work well as the oil still looks clean after a number of fast drives in the country, but no serious track work as I am still trying to resolve an issue with my Z1 tune. Hope to have that fixed soon, but I think all the track days are done here in WI this year.