MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.myg37.com/forums/drivetrain-408/)
-   -   Lubeguard Red ATF additive - my best fix for my trans. (https://www.myg37.com/forums/drivetrain/277374-lubeguard-red-atf-additive-my-best-fix-for-my-trans.html)

Mkhlmnn 07-25-2016 12:09 AM

Lubeguard Red ATF additive - my best fix for my trans.

I have a 07 G35S sedan with the 5at and I have done the grounding kit, UpRev tune, and a trans flush and I have been disappointed how my shifts are with my vehicle. It is a 90k now and it seems to hold shifts longer, delayed shifting speeds and rough harder slow shifts.

After weeks of research I decided to give the Lubegaurd Red additive (LUBEGARD Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant) as my last effort before I upgrade the valve body and have it rebuit.

I added 5 ounces (roughly half the bottle) to my trans fluid and took it for a test. It shfts so much smoother and quicker, less harsh shifting but still aggressive. Down and upshifts are smoother in full manual mode but the most improvement came from auto DS mode. It feels like the car should and I am blown away from the improvements.

If you are having the slightest to moderate shifting problems I recommend trying this ten fold!

blnewt 07-25-2016 05:23 PM

Sounds good, keep updating this as time goes on. How often do they recommend adding the mix?

Mkhlmnn 07-27-2016 12:28 AM

I believe its 1oz per quart of ATF fluid and to use it per trans fluid change. The Jatco trans has a lot of myths and speculations of the fluids that can be used and their isn't a huge amount of info on additives or different fluids to use for it.

However every drive it is still completely noticeable and it has one of the most noticeable things I have done for responsiveness and transmission shifting. The car runs as you would hope so and it feels like it took 70k miles off my car, like I am driving a new car again.

Kris9884 08-31-2016 09:27 AM

Killer, I'm doing a drain and fill this weekend and will absolutely do this. Thanks for the heads up man.

TBau651 10-18-2016 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kris9884 (Post 4068851)
Killer, I'm doing a drain and fill this weekend and will absolutely do this. Thanks for the heads up man.

Digging up an older thread here, but I have a tranny flush in the queue & I'm curious if you ever ended up using this product and if so what kind of results did you get?

*ICE* 10-18-2016 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by TBau651 (Post 4082578)
Digging up an older thread here, but I have a tranny flush in the queue & I'm curious if you ever ended up using this product and if so what kind of results did you get?

This is not much of an older thread, only 3 months old lol. I've seen people digging up 3-5 years old thread lol.

OP, any update? issues, etc..? Where do you find this stuff locally?

TBau651 10-18-2016 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by *ICE* (Post 4082580)
This is not much of an older thread, only 3 months old lol. I've seen people digging up 3-5 years old thread lol.

OP, any update? issues, etc..? Where do you find this stuff locally?

Haha older yes, but certainly not ancient like some of the posts people dig up in the classifieds..

I cant say I've ever looked for this stuff locally but:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZAJRM...NG7GURVY&psc=1

*ICE* 10-18-2016 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by TBau651 (Post 4082581)
Haha older yes, but certainly not ancient like some of the posts people dig up in the classifieds..

I cant say I've ever looked for this stuff locally but:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZAJRM...NG7GURVY&psc=1

yea, i decided to buy it on Amazon since its cheaper than Oreilly's ($14/botte..wtf)

The instruction said 1 oz per 1 qt. I know the 5AT transmission holds about 12 qt since I did a whole flush and refilled (not drain/refill) and I used about 10 qt, does that means the whole bottle of Lubeguard will be enough?

*ICE* 10-26-2016 02:41 PM

Put it 12 oz of Lubegard to my 5AT tranny while the car is running, idling and in Park. Car felt different and smoother in Drive, more responsive and great to drive. Might be a placebo effect but who knows... I definitely notice a big difference. I had a full flush a year ago with S-Matic fluid btw.

TBau651 10-27-2016 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by *ICE* (Post 4084505)
Put it 12 oz of Lubegard to my 5AT tranny while the car is running, idling and in Park. Car felt different and smoother in Drive, more responsive and great to drive. Might be a placebo effect but who knows... I definitely notice a big difference. I had a full flush a year ago with S-Matic fluid btw.

Thanks for the update ICE, Glad to hear your noticing some improvements. This is one of the design points where the 5AT shines.. I wish I could just pop the hood and dump a bottle of this stuff in... 7AT not as easy... :52:

Atl3128 05-31-2019 12:27 AM

I know this thread is old but I thought I'd add to the review of Lubegard Red. I recently did a 3x drain and fill on my 15 Q40 7at with maxlife and on my final fill added a bottle of Lubegard Red. So far Ive probably put 2500+ miles on it and the transmission shifts so much smoother and quicker. It definitely seems to have reduced lag especially during city driving in 95+ degree weather. The weird thing is my mileage has been a bit better as well.

slartibartfast 05-31-2019 01:52 PM

Doggone it, maybe that would have been the magic touch to make my G transmission more track-worthy. As I now have a dedicated track car, I'm not motivated to do anything more than the external cooler I installed last year. Well, maybe if EcuTEK cracks the TCU I might spend more money on the car.

Baadnewsburr 05-31-2019 02:37 PM

its kind of intriguing but I wonder how much of the improvements are from the drain and fills themsleves....also it'd be nice to hear any long term updates on using it...

Atl3128 05-31-2019 07:31 PM

Initially I did just the 2x drain and fill and was good with that because the fluid was so clean after the the 2nd fill...I drive it for around 12-13k before I decided to drain and fill the 3rd time at which time I added the Lubegard...prior to the 3rd fill and Lubegard I noticed little if any difference than before it was changed at all but since driving 2500 miles with new fluid and Lubegard I've noticed significant differences that I mentioned in my last post..I'm sure the combination of the two made some difference but I think the Lubegard made the most noticed changes.