Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Redline 6spd. manual perforated leather shift boot & Torque Solution delrin knob

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Redline 6spd. manual perforated leather shift boot & Torque Solution delrin ****

The other day I installed a Redline perforated leather 6spd. manual shift boot with standard silver stitching and a Torque Solution delrin shift **** in my '13 G37S sedan. The shift boot requires a few slight modifications to fit, but it looks much nicer than the stock boot and matches the interior well. The shift **** is great!

Fit & Finish: The leather is much thicker and nicer than the paper thin vinyl/pleather from the factory. I got the perforated leather that matches the seat inserts perfectly. I also picked the factory stitching color and pattern. It looks great, like it came from the factory. You do have to make a few slight modifications for fitment that I will detail below with pictures.

I picked this shift **** as it is the perfect shape for me for quick shifts. It does sit quite a bit lower so it actually feels like you have a short shift kit. Delrin is also nice because it does not get nearly as hot or cold as most materials. This part fits perfectly- it just screws on.

Installation: When you take off the stock shift ****, make sure you use a pliers on the shaft underneath the shift boot to keep it from spinning. The stock shift **** is glued in place so you will probably need another set of pliers to twist it off. You will also want to wrap the old shift **** with a thick rag if you want any chance of salvaging it from the pliers.

Here is the tool I used to sneak under the circular tabs you will have to break off to separate the two plastic pieces to get the shift boot out. You can get these in a set of 4 from Sears. I just snuck it under one side and pushed it up through the ring and then tore it off. Pretty simple as long as you don't poke yourself since that would hurt pretty bad... I mean if I did something that stupid. Which of course, I would never do...

When you install the boot you will notice that you will need to poke a new hole for the bottom right plastic circular tab you just broke off the ring. You will also need to make some relief cuts for the 4 rectangular plastic tabs and the circular screw hole at the top. This is also a good time to trim the sides of the boot a little so they do not fold up and stick out of the center console. It is ok if they stick out ever so slightly when you put the two plastic trim pieces back together. That seam will get covered up when you put everything back together.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Finally got around to having the Redline arm rest cover modified and installed. It is possible mine was just a fluke, but it definitely did not fit right when I got it. Looks good now though.
The following users liked this post:
Zack342 (07-31-2018)
Old 10-29-2015, 01:49 PM
indowanksta88
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks badass brotha! Where did you buy that shift boot and **** from? I really need to replace my boot since it is worn out and the one you have is excellent!
Old 10-29-2015, 03:50 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Glad you like them. You can find them here: Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots The shift boot requires some minor modifications to fit, but I would recommend having a custom shop install the arm rest cover if you get it.