Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications
Reload this Page >

DIY: Cutting, Modding, and Resealing Tail Lights Made Easy

Notices
D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Cutting, Modding, and Resealing Tail Lights Made Easy

Old 06-03-2019, 11:54 PM
g37john

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Cutting, Modding, and Resealing Tail Lights Made Easy

I made a video on how to cut open the tail lights on my sedan to change the led arrangement. It was pretty simple and relatively easy to do. It only took me about two hours to do both but I think it was worth it.

The following 3 users liked this post by g37john:
blnewt (06-13-2019), Entcee (06-04-2019), RMB5190 (06-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Redgoyabean

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by g37john View Post
I made a video on how to cut open the tail lights on my sedan to change the led arrangement. It was pretty simple and relatively easy to do. It only took me about two hours to do both but I think it was worth it.

https://youtu.be/EPHrejZnjGc

Very nice, I did mine which was a pian. I used silicone as an added layer of sealant which works because my passenger that doesn't have the additional sealant developed some condensation build up but probably redo them using your method. Thanks is for the video, did you tint the outside of spray the inside?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Redgoyabean

blacked out the inside, pay no attention to the exhaust tips, only pics I had of the rear end lol
Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM
g37john

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean View Post
Very nice, I did mine which was a pian. I used silicone as an added layer of sealant which works because my passenger that doesn't have the additional sealant developed some condensation build up but probably redo them using your method. Thanks is for the video, did you tint the outside of spray the inside?
I tinted the outside of the tail lights with vvivid vinyl tint just because I prefer the look and I can always take it off when I rewrap my car a different color.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Redgoyabean

I tinted the outside of the tail lights with vvivid vinyl tint just because I prefer the look and I can always take it off when I rewrap my car a different color.
I sprayed my for a different look n not to mention if I happen to get pulled over I can't get a ticket, being that I'm not reducing light output by adding tint over the tail lights. I live in the bx n have friends who received tickets for tinting thier tail lights, wont be me.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:31 AM
g37john

I sprayed my for a different look n not to mention if I happen to get pulled over I can't get a ticket, being that I'm not reducing light output by adding tint over the tail lights. I live in the bx n have friends who received tickets for tinting thier tail lights, wont be me.
Here in Florida it seems as though you can get away with almost anything. I see people driving around with things way worse than tail light tint
Old 07-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Redgoyabean

Here in Florida it seems as though you can get away with almost anything. I see people driving around with things way worse than tail light tint
Can you link what material was for cutting, the dremel disc, I believe the 1 I used was for metal n it was suuuuuper messy
Old 07-18-2019, 10:03 AM
g37john

Can you link what material was for cutting, the dremel disc, I believe the 1 I used was for metal n it was suuuuuper messy
I used this set from Harbor Freight
https://www.harborfreight.com/276-pc...set-62440.html