MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications (https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-installations-modifications-11/)
-   -   2011 g37s coupe installed injen cai performance issues (https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-installations-modifications/289895-2011-g37s-coupe-installed-injen-cai-performance-issues.html)

Mdebro85 09-10-2018 08:00 AM

2011 g37s coupe installed injen cai performance issues

Hi All, I purchased my first g37 2 months ago and will forever be changed. I love this car and so far i have replaced the front rotors and pads with Power Stop® - 1-Click Z23 Evolution Sport Drilled and Slotted. I then decided to install a Injen CAI and have been unable to get the engine to run right since. So I installed the intake no problem and started the car It started rough and idled even rougher and then stalled. (At this point i had not researched the ECU reset or anything for that matter.) So I restarted the car and it died immediately, it was at this point i realized that i may have installed the MAF sensors in backwards (i had) so I switched them around and the car started right up. It immediately had the SES light on as well as the ABS, I figured this was part of the process and did not let it concern me. I actually let the car sit for the next 2 weeks and when i came back to drive it it would not start well or drive well, i checked all the connections checked for air leaks and discovered no problems. After much checking and rechecking the car still idled roughly (too high 1100 - 1500 rpm) also it is sackless as far as power. Eventually the car gets so bad that it stalls and will not start. I have now discovered that if I unplug the passenger side MAF sensor it still idles high w/no power but it does not stall ir get worse unlike when both MAF sensors are plugged in. I have since reset the ECU and the first time i did it never fully ran right but it did get better unfortunately it reverted back to how it was and i had to unplug the passenger MAF sensor agian just to be able to drive it. My next step is i cleaned both MAF sensors reset the pedal/idle/ecu, i started it and test drove it and again it was sackless but then in a split second she came back full force and OMG did she scream i was legitimately scared for a minute but indrove her like she loves to be. I thought inhad done it finally no SES light and ridiculous power and the sound HS! as soon as i had concluded bam! She started hesitating bad almost like it had a engine brake or something (she ran perfect for maybe 5 miles) so now its back to running like **** and Not drivable unless the passenger MAF sensor is unplugged. I have these codes P010B, P006A,P0102,P0725, P0615, C1130, C1109. These codes are Mass or Volume Air Flow A & B circut low input; Manifold Absolute Pressure Mass or Volume air flow; Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction; So there it is I need some suggestions/help I know some of these codes are not accurate as my car ran fine before the CAI install. Has anyone experienced this with a cai mod and what did you do to get the performance right?

bythabay 09-10-2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mdebro85 (Post 4213772)
Hi All, I purchased my first g37 2 months ago and will forever be changed. I love this car and so far i have replaced the front rotors and pads with Power Stop® - 1-Click Z23 Evolution Sport Drilled and Slotted. I then decided to install a Injen CAI and have been unable to get the engine to run right since. So I installed the intake no problem and started the car It started rough and idled even rougher and then stalled. (At this point i had not researched the ECU reset or anything for that matter.) So I restarted the car and it died immediately, it was at this point i realized that i may have installed the MAF sensors in backwards (i had) so I switched them around and the car started right up. It immediately had the SES light on as well as the ABS, I figured this was part of the process and did not let it concern me. I actually let the car sit for the next 2 weeks and when i came back to drive it it would not start well or drive well, i checked all the connections checked for air leaks and discovered no problems. After much checking and rechecking the car still idled roughly (too high 1100 - 1500 rpm) also it is sackless as far as power. Eventually the car gets so bad that it stalls and will not start. I have now discovered that if I unplug the passenger side MAF sensor it still idles high w/no power but it does not stall ir get worse unlike when both MAF sensors are plugged in. I have since reset the ECU and the first time i did it never fully ran right but it did get better unfortunately it reverted back to how it was and i had to unplug the passenger MAF sensor agian just to be able to drive it. My next step is i cleaned both MAF sensors reset the pedal/idle/ecu, i started it and test drove it and again it was sackless but then in a split second she came back full force and OMG did she scream i was legitimately scared for a minute but indrove her like she loves to be. I thought inhad done it finally no SES light and ridiculous power and the sound HS! as soon as i had concluded bam! She started hesitating bad almost like it had a engine brake or something (she ran perfect for maybe 5 miles) so now its back to running like **** and Not drivable unless the passenger MAF sensor is unplugged. I have these codes P010B, P006A,P0102,P0725, P0615, C1130, C1109. These codes are Mass or Volume Air Flow A & B circut low input; Manifold Absolute Pressure Mass or Volume air flow; Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction; So there it is I need some suggestions/help I know some of these codes are not accurate as my car ran fine before the CAI install. Has anyone experienced this with a cai mod and what did you do to get the performance right?

If you want to call me I can help you troublshoot, free of charge. Our shop line is 415-830-4008

Hi

Mdebro85 09-11-2018 12:06 PM

Problem solved!!

Well I definitely learned my lesson with this one, and that is to never assume anyone had done something correctly. So as i stated earlier my g37 has not performed well at all since I installed a Injen CAI. I hav checked and rechecked every possible problem that could have happened during the installation. No vacuum leaks 👍 all connections tight 👍 reset ECU 👍 MAF Sensor reinstalled correctly 👎! I had my huddy help me clean my MAF Sensors and I discovered last night that the one he cleaned/installed was backwards!! SOB I switched it last night reset the ECU again and now my girl is happy again. I cannot believe the difference this CAI has made. I know I’m exaggerating but it feels like my HP increased +20 and the sound of this intake is crazy. While i was still troubleshooting i thought tht maybe my intakes were not getting enough air so i cut out clean sections directly below my filter out of the front bumper plastic skid plate. I cut it in a way so i can use another material that will allow the air flow to be open as it is now, i think that helped alot with the performance. Im also going to order the filter water proof covers to help with the rain and car washes. I took it out late last night and drove it hard in downtown SF and in between these city blocks the engine noise is amplified and almost deafening. I am so stoked by the performance. Iguess theneact step now is chipping it. Any suggestions?