D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Recommendations to change steering wheel color scheme?

Old 06-16-2018, 08:18 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Recommendations to change steering wheel color scheme?

I have the Stone interior on my G and while I enjoy the color of the seats and door panels with wood trim, the steering wheel looks a little bland to me. The dash and wheel are an interesting color and I'm looking for ideas to break up the boring steering wheel. My steering wheel does need a rewrap as soon as I find a product that matches perfectly and while I have it off I may change the controls to black. I like the way the black controls look on the dash pod as well as the turn signal and wiper stalks. The other day I Photoshopped a rendition and I'm not so sure. I looked at wood overlays but they don't feel right. I'm looking to slightly enhance contrast without changing the overall look.

Thoughts?
Eric

Old 07-10-2018, 01:12 PM
sidestepca
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
did u wrap this? did u have to take steering wheel off?
good look!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:03 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sidestepca
did u wrap this? did u have to take steering wheel off?
good look!
Actually, I just Photoshopped the first pic to see if I liked the look. Still undecided but I think I’d remove the wheel if painting. Not in a huge hurry as mine isn’t chipping or peeling.

-Eric
Old 07-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Have you seen this thread ?
This might give some ideas about the wheel color / options. The picture at the end of the first post has a wheel similar to your wheel.

I got one of these wheels and I really like the look & feel, much better than the oem.

g/l
Old 07-11-2018, 07:45 AM
llebcire
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gio37
Have you seen this thread ?
This might give some ideas about the wheel color / options. The picture at the end of the first post has a wheel similar to your wheel.

I got one of these wheels and I really like the look & feel, much better than the oem.

g/l
I have - thanks!

That's something I will do in the future as the leather on my wheel is starting to fail. My interior is such an odd color (dash/wheel/upper trim) that I have concerns with it matching correctly.

-Eric