D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

K&N Air Filters

Old 10-21-2017, 09:38 PM
G37xsedan2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N Air Filters

Hello Guys,
Im thinking about buying a pair of K&N filters for my G37 but before I go ahead and buy them since they are kinda pricey I wanted to ask. Does anyone here have them installed in your car and did you noticed any difference in the performance? Also, are there any risk of using these filters? Thanks guys!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:15 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xsedan2012
Hello Guys,
Im thinking about buying a pair of K&N filters for my G37 but before I go ahead and buy them since they are kinda pricey I wanted to ask. Does anyone here have them installed in your car and did you noticed any difference in the performance? Also, are there any risk of using these filters? Thanks guys!
I have used K&N filters since the mid 1960s (AMA District 38) with never a problem. (DO NOT OVER OIL) I doubt there is little if any HP/MPG increase. I clean/re-oil the filter every 30K miles. UOAs show that air filtration is working fine.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
you can also buy dry filter drop in replacements, and not have to worry about the cleaning and oiling kit, or over-oiling.

i have the R2C black hex drop-in filters ... to clean, i blow them out every so often with an air compressor and reinstall. if they ever get REALLY dirty, you can clean with soap and water.

there are other brands available, too.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I have k&n drop in filters. My stock filters were very dirty, so that has to be considered, but I did notice a little more performance after putting them in. I also noticed a little extra oil on one of them so I soaked some of it up with a rag. I checked after driving it for a while when I put post maf tubes in and saw no oil leaking up the intake. I didn’t notice much difference with the tubes. I plan on keeping them for now.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
I use r2c dry hex filters as well. There are dyno proven gains from drop in panels, They work pretty much as well as aftermarket cold air intakes as our factory intake is well designed. Now, as to whether you can feel a few horsepower gain on a 330hp motor...probably not

Search this Thread