D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Test Pipe Install Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 PM
bean_vq37vhr
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Test Pipe Install Coming Soon

Today I decided to buy some Megan Racing Resonated Test Pipes. I had them on my recent car which was an 03 g35 coupe and I loved them. I also like how it has a flex pipe on them which gives me peace of mind because I've read about tp/hfc breaking welds due to engine movement. Will post an update on how things go once they arrive and I attempt the install. *fingers crossed*
Old 06-04-2017, 05:51 PM
bean_vq37vhr
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Test pipes arrived Friday and I began installing them at roughly 9 oclock and finished around 12. To my surprise the driver side demon bolt was already removed. I have no idea why the exhaust wasn't leaking. The passenger side demon bolt came out pretty easily with the help of some pb blaster, a breaker bar, and a 3 foot extension. Everything else was a breeze. I had to wait til Saturday morning to go to the store and grab a replacement bolt for the driver side. No electric or air tools were used. The TPs sound awesome paired with Top Speeed Axleback.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice that it went well, that missing demon bolt sounds strange, but in your case that was a nice "gift" since access to that bolt is quite a bit tougher than the passenger side
My TPs sound great w/ my TopSpeed Y-back too!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:48 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
My demon bolts were absolute hell lol. It took me and a buddy applying our full strength onto a 2ft+ breaker bar. I have no idea how those Sears 3/8in u-joints didn't break.