Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Trying to change my regular radio in my g37 to infinitis touch screen with GPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 AM
Igarcia12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to change my regular radio in my g37 to infinitis touch screen with GPS

I found some one who is willing to sell me his touch screen GPS ... what all would I need from him to convert from my reg. G37 radio to the upgraded g37 GPS touch screen ?? If any one knows all the pieces needed to do this please right me a list so I can forward to him so I can make sure I get all the right parts ... help please lol
Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
If you are thinking about swapping keep in mind that it is NOT plug-and-play. Many wires will have to be repinned/spliced and you will likely have to add a few. At the least you need: screen, head unit, all connectors, display cable, USB cable and jack (if equipped), GPS antenna. There is more involved but I won't get into all that now.

Just do a search as several members, myself included, have done the swap. The project is not complicated but it is very detail oriented and time consuming. If you just want NAV there are several other options which are far superior to the factory system.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Igarcia12

Ok I appreciate the advice I kind of want to keep it stock so that's why I wanted to buy this system off this guy... he said he will sell me everything from his g that I would need all for 300 I feel like it's a good deal and very worth it. But let's say I went a different route for a touch screen with navi... would I be able to find something that I can still use all my controls for like the ac and all the buttons .. 8 don't want to change the radio and then lose all my button functions
Old 03-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Igarcia12

Hes got this and every wire i would need .. i just want to make sure i get all the right wires ...sent all at once
Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

What year is YOUR car? The system in the picture is from 2008 or 2009 judging from the CF slot. Personally, I would not bother with this swap. You are gaining next to nothing. For all this project involves you will want more bang for the work it will take. I am not trying to discourage you but make the project worth your while.

If you were going to swap put in something from 2010+ models. They have better screen resolution, cleaner interface, newer maps, USB, etc. I swapped from 2008 to 2014 for around $500 and would do it again in a heartbeat.

As long as you stay OEM you will retain stock function like radio, AC, etc. You just can not mix and match parts between NAV and non-NAV cars.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Igarcia12

Ok so unless I can get 2010 + I won't do it I'm gonna keep looking I appreciate the honesty I gotta get back to the drawing board
Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

There are deals out there on newer systems. You just have to keep looking and be patient. I found most everything I needed off eBay at ridiculously low prices. The only part I had to buy from the dealer was the video cable and that was only $25. You just have to know what to look for.

In the meantime you can get the AV sections of the factory manuals and study them to get a idea of what needs to be done.

If I can help in any way let me know.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:16 PM
Ted Ogden

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
What year is YOUR car? The system in the picture is from 2008 or 2009 judging from the CF slot. Personally, I would not bother with this swap. You are gaining next to nothing. For all this project involves you will want more bang for the work it will take. I am not trying to discourage you but make the project worth your while.

If you were going to swap put in something from 2010+ models. They have better screen resolution, cleaner interface, newer maps, USB, etc. I swapped from 2008 to 2014 for around $500 and would do it again in a heartbeat.

As long as you stay OEM you will retain stock function like radio, AC, etc. You just can not mix and match parts between NAV and non-NAV cars.
Not meaning to thread jack, but how detailed is swapping to 2010+ model stuff?
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (09-02-2018)
Old 03-10-2020, 10:29 AM
inkognito
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
For a non-touchscreen, I guess we don't need to remove anything and just stick the new digitizer over the current screen?
Also in for video
The following users liked this post:
jgalvar (04-02-2020)