DIY Brake Boost Momentary Switch (Brake Stand Burnouts) - Page 5 - MyG37

Brake Boost Momentary Switch (Brake Stand Burnouts)

Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #61
4doorfury

Well this is my conclusion after days of thinking it over...

I will be keeping it on an intermittent switch that I have hidden in the car. Let me explain...

If I activate said switch, the car can not be started. This is now a hidden safety feature for me. Plus, I feel safer with the switch off while I am driving on public roads. Keeping infiniti's safety features just makes me feel better.

I think the switch can be wired with a momentary power board. They sell them on eBay and Amazon. Basically the board sees power and turns on for anywhere from 1 second to like 5 mins etc however you program it. Then it turns power off even though it's still getting a signal. It resets when the signal is killed and resent. Basically it would be wired to an ignition source so it fools the brake into thinking the wire is connected for whatever time you have it set for then automatically cuts power after the predetermined time setting. Again though, this is probably not good for street applications and I think the switch is the safest alternative.
4doorfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #62
Hashim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorfury View Post
Well this is my conclusion after days of thinking it over...

I will be keeping it on an intermittent switch that I have hidden in the car. Let me explain...

If I activate said switch, the car can not be started. This is now a hidden safety feature for me. Plus, I feel safer with the switch off while I am driving on public roads. Keeping infiniti's safety features just makes me feel better.

I think the switch can be wired with a momentary power board. They sell them on eBay and Amazon. Basically the board sees power and turns on for anywhere from 1 second to like 5 mins etc however you program it. Then it turns power off even though it's still getting a signal. It resets when the signal is killed and resent. Basically it would be wired to an ignition source so it fools the brake into thinking the wire is connected for whatever time you have it set for then automatically cuts power after the predetermined time setting. Again though, this is probably not good for street applications and I think the switch is the safest alternative.

I like your thought process on potentially improving/tweaking on this mod....I was thinking of wiring it as a foot switch say near the top of the dead pedal or under the dead pedal cover itself (making the pedal an "active" pedal)

EDIT: I just did some googlefu and it looks like this might work pretty well, some guys on a corvette forum have a how too (I think its for an exhaust switch, but same basic concept) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...with-pics.html

The difference I was thinking about was to wire the switch under the whole pedal instead of drilling (but maybe this needs mroe thought) the pedal just needs a few mm's of movement to engage the circuit

Last edited by Hashim; 04-21-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #63
4doorfury

It would need to deactivate the power to the line basically immediately when the pedal is pressed. The main purpose of the mod is brake boosting off the line or when turbod. For it to be effective it can not be deactivated at full pedal.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #64
Hashim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorfury View Post
It would need to deactivate the power to the line basically immediately when the pedal is pressed. The main purpose of the mod is brake boosting off the line or when turbod. For it to be effective it can not be deactivated at full pedal.
I'm not sure if you were replying to me or if I missed something...I wasn't suggesting to wire it to the brake pedal.(I think thats what you are referring )...I was saying to wire a NC momentary switch to the dead pedal (which normally cant be depressed at all)...either by drilling the deadpedal or putting it under it (and modifying the the dead pedal so it could be depressed a few mm)...it would work exactly the same as if you were holding the button with your finger(i.e. ,still deactivate the power to the line immediately when the pedal is pressed with your heel) but you'd hold it with your left foot...it would be a kind of heel (on dead pedal) and toe (on brake pedal) situation while your right foot mashes the gas....
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #65
4doorfury

I read it wrong. Thought you were referring to the gas pedal and placing a switch there
The Following User Says Thank You to 4doorfury For This Useful Post:
Hashim (Yesterday)