D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Traction Control Switch (Really Shut Off Traction Control)

Old 02-13-2016, 10:27 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
Nice, I was wondering if the 6mt differed. Thanks for posting.
Do you have to take out the entire center console to get to it, or can you get to it though the little cubby?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Nice, I was wondering if the 6mt differed. Thanks for posting.
Do you have to take out the entire center console to get to it, or can you get to it though the little cubby?
Had to remove the entire center console. It's honestly easy though. I took my time and had to look up how to remove again. Total time took about an hour.

The Bosch module sits right under the cup holders.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:31 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Perfect, thanks. I've taken out the console for my short shifter and radar stealth mute button, so I'm not worried about doing it. I just don't WANT to do it.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I did it through the front section of the arm storage area, but will never do it that way again after burning myself with the soldering iron a couple of times. I recommend taking off the center console (takes more time but is less frustrating)
Old 02-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I did it through the front section of the arm storage area, but will never do it that way again after burning myself with the soldering iron a couple of times. I recommend taking off the center console (takes more time but is less frustrating)
Where is your module located? It looks like yours is in front of the shifter right below the head unit? For me there was no way to do it without removing the whole arm rest. When I get to cleaning it up, I'll snap some pics of the install.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:02 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Mine was located behind the shifter assembly, under the snow and heated seat buttons.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Mine was located behind the shifter assembly, under the snow and heated seat buttons.
Interesting. Mine looked nothing like yours. Like I didn't have carpet anywhere near the module and I even feared I had the wrong modle when I was using your pic as a reference. Props to you for being able to get in there and solder!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:46 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
Props to you for being able to get in there and solder!
Seriously! I just bought a switch from Amazon, which I'll solder some leads onto, but those are getting connected with Posi-Locks to the module. Not going anywhere near the carpet with my iron!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Seriously! I just bought a switch from Amazon, which I'll solder some leads onto, but those are getting connected with Posi-Locks to the module. Not going anywhere near the carpet with my iron!
I used heat shrink, I didn't feel like messing with solder unless I had to. I have 2 irons, one butaine and the other is electric. Since I wasn't going to solder I decided to use the gas powered soler with out the tip, making it a naked flame. Worked great! Didn't singe the carpet, nor burn the module!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Good stuff! I'm glad people are getting use out of this DIY. I think it is one of the most important ones for really pushing the G's potential.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Good stuff! I'm glad people are getting use out of this DIY. I think it is one of the most important ones for really pushing the G's potential.
thank you for the diy sir . Also, did you ever get to the brake pedal bypass? I’m thinking about tapping into the remote or turn on with at the Pedal. there has to be a contact somewhere that closes the circuit.

Phil
Old 02-18-2016, 12:21 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
Had to remove the entire center console. It's honestly easy though. I took my time and had to look up how to remove again. Total time took about an hour.

The Bosch module sits right under the cup holders.

Hmmm. I have a 5AT and mine sits in the same location under the center console between the shifter and the center armrest.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Originally Posted by Gregor12
thank you for the diy sir . Also, did you ever get to the brake pedal bypass? I’m thinking about tapping into the remote or turn on with at the Pedal. there has to be a contact somewhere that closes the circuit.

Phil

No, prob. I still haven't gotten to the brake light bypass. I'm still doing some research on it before I get in there and start cutting wires. Trying to really make sure I get the right one.

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hmmm. I have a 5AT and mine sits in the same location under the center console between the shifter and the center armrest.

Yeah, I think for the AT's it is in the same place, the MT's may differ a little but in the same general area.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Same here. I went to tackle it the other day and got under the dash to find multiple switches I'm thinking about just adding a switch by the fuse box lmao. Only going to use it to launch it at the strip. So I don't need brake
lights there. I mean the fuse box is down at the drives kick panel isn't it? I wonder if I can do like spring circuit opener (just hold it down while launching the car). That way I never flip it on accident and ride around without brake lights haha

Last edited by Gregor12; 02-18-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Originally Posted by Gregor12
Same here. I went to tackle it the other day and got under the dash to find multiple switches I'm thinking about just adding a switch by the fuse box lmao. Only going to use it to launch it at the strip. So I don't need brake
lights there. I mean the fuse box is down at the drives kick panel isn't it? I wonder if I can do like spring circuit opener (just hold it down while launching the car). That way I never flip it on accident and ride around without brake lights haha

I was thinking about doing the same. Someone did a write up on this on the 370 forum a while back but I cannot find it now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: Traction Control Switch (Really Shut Off Traction Control)