DIY Whiteline Differential bushings - Page 13 - MyG37

D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Whiteline Differential bushings

Old 12-30-2017, 04:45 AM   #181
deeliciousqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezbme View Post
I am 70 miles from LA. I just have to keep looking. The one place said that they are close to the exhaust and that is why they would melt. I don't know why Rubber wouldn't melt, but Poly would. From what I have seen, a lot of people have done this change and not complained about melting.

A mechanic that I trust told me 380 for the job, will have him do the diff fluid at the same time. Might even have him flush the brake fluid with the stuff I have.

Project import in Orange CA! they've done tons of diff bushing swaps for vq chassis. Don't believe what they tell you about aftermarket poly bushings melt that's BS! the only one that melts are the oem bushings cuz they are fluid filled gel that fails all the time.
deeliciousqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #182
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member

Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorvateDIY View Post
$20 / 20 minute bushing fix video is now done:
https://youtu.be/fXYdemPSu2s
Props for truly amazing under the car video. Only time will tell if the epoxy will hold up, but damn fine out-of-the-box thinking, Frank. For comparison, it took my mechanic nearly half a day hacking at the main OEM mount to remove and replace. It's a messy, frustrating job.

You should go ahead and replace the two side bushings since you have them. I suspect those little guys actually introduce the more noticeable change, because while the main mount holds the lion's share of weight, it's the side mounts that take on the most compression abuse.

"Zed one"... Canadians, LOL
Rochester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #183
MotorvateDIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Props for truly amazing under the car video. Only time will tell if the epoxy will hold up, but damn fine out-of-the-box thinking, Frank. For comparison, it took my mechanic nearly half a day hacking at the main OEM mount to remove and replace. It's a messy, frustrating job.

You should go ahead and replace the two side bushings since you have them. I suspect those little guys actually introduce the more noticeable change, because while the main mount holds the lion's share of weight, it's the side mounts that take on the most compression abuse.

"Zed one"... Canadians, LOL
Thanks Rochester.
I will have a closer look at the side bushings in the spring.

When I was writing the script I thought about saying is the other way (Zee one) but had to stay true to my roots, so "Zed one" it is
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:40 PM   #184
krazzyborri

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmantran View Post

Ignore the 2 black differential top-hat washers at the very top... I was putting things away and just decided to temporarily install those 2 black washers so I wouldn't misplace it.

Thanks qmantran! I tackled this today and referred to your pics a few times! It was a PITA but not bad at all!!!
krazzyborri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #185
ezbme

Did you clean the diff cover? Mine is still dirty which makes me think my mechanic didn't. After spending $580, I wish I had done it myself.
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote