DIY Whiteline Differential bushings - Page 12 - MyG37

D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Whiteline Differential bushings

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #166
Scarab Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by defektion View Post
The repair is difficult but not impossible for a DIY'er. Just be prepared and have tools handy for different situations and what helped me through the process was before the job, I ensured I was able to loosen my exhaust bolts. If they're in 'ok' condition but their seized up, have an impact handy to break them loose.

I listed a number of thoughts on the repair on the post above yours. Ask me questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.
I appreciate the offer, but looks like I got a stay of execution. Yesterday I found out that this repair is covered under my extended warranty, so I will let the stealership take care of it. Unfortunately the stealership won't install non-OEM bushings, so I will have to tackle this job eventually. I need to make a PDF of these directions so I will have them at the ready when that time eventually comes.
Scarab Armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #167
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member

Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab Armor View Post
I appreciate the offer, but looks like I got a stay of execution. Yesterday I found out that this repair is covered under my extended warranty, so I will let the stealership take care of it. Unfortunately the stealership won't install non-OEM bushings, so I will have to tackle this job eventually. I need to make a PDF of these directions so I will have them at the ready when that time eventually comes.
Definitely take them up on that. Probably last you the remainder of time you have with the car.

I had mine done at 35K miles, and there wasn't even a problem (yet). But it seemed like a good thing to do while the diff was down.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote