D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Reset TPMS Warning by yourself for FREE

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 11:06 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I had the issue a couple years ago where the TPMS light would flash for a min and remain solid. The dealer replaced a sensor (maybe even the TPMS box itself I don't recall) but it came back when I had my summer tires put on. I wanted to be able to fix it myself and was happy when I saw this thread but luckily I read all 29 pages before poking around otherwise I would have not found the connector or blown something as others have said that this doesn't apply to 2011+ cars (can we update the title to reflect this?)

However, I did see bikezilla's suggestion about using an Ateq tool and thought I'd see what else is available since it requires two devices to work so probably >$200. I found this Smart Sensor Pro+ that has free updates, which was tempting, but it's a bit old with not a lot of info out there on it and they have a newer and much more expensive option so I was afraid they would stop supporting it
Amazon Amazon

I saw that Tirerack sells a told of TPMS tools so I asked what they recommended for my car and the one the recommended was the Autel TS508 . Although it looks like any of the TS50x or TS60x models work (not TS40x models) Coverage. I like that it has a screen, has free software updates, it's an all-in-one tool (comes with OBDII cable), and appears to support most modern cars (including our two other cars) so I went searching and ended up purchasing one today off eBay for $140. I won't know for a while if it works but I'll send an update after I get it. Might be a good options for those 2011+ drivers that don't want to bring their cars in to reset the TPMS sensor or even find out which one is bad.
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (06-25-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 03:00 AM
Herostar
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any new updates or suggestions for us with 2011+ Models?
Old 02-28-2023, 04:15 AM
smzafar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guy's,
I am new in this forum, I bought used 2012 Pathfinder SE 0.4L in UAE. My TPMS light is OFF when I start car it is not glow and display also not showing any detail. I thought that TPMS is not available in this model but last week I visited tire shop and check the sensor in each tire and found that all sensor are installed and working.
Now my question is how to start TPMS? I visited two three workshops and checked with scanner but didn't find any thing.

Old 03-08-2023, 03:21 AM
Hulksome
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice!

I tried a lot of the stuff you guys got on here but unfortunately didn’t work for me. After I purchased a
set of Zenetti rims, the light never went off. So I spent $40 on e bay for 4 TPMS made for G37 even. The site said it was already programmed. Didn’t turn off the light still so I took it to a shop and paid $45 to program it and the light was off soon as he got out my car door, he did a walk around to each time with a magnetic thing I think but finally that thing has been off for few days now. $85 I spent total. Not too bad. Maybe a little more.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:46 PM
Sergiy
Registered Member

SUCCESS, but from the 2nd (only, haha) time!

Registered just to add some more info after today's success. Hope it will help to some people.

I have a Nissan Altima 2007 3.5 SE. At some point, (I believe like 3-4 years, yeah, lol) one of my TPMS sensors wore off and was replaced just with a straight valve. Obviously, since then I had the TPMS light blinking for 1 minute and getting solid every time the car was started.

I needed to replace the sensors in my MDX, so I decided to do it finally in Altima as well. So I bought a set of these sensors on Amazon -
MORESENSOR Signature Series 315MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor 4-Pack | Preprogrammed for Select 270+ Japanese Brand Models | Replacement for 40700-CD001 | Snap-in | NX-S031-SN-4 MORESENSOR Signature Series 315MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor 4-Pack | Preprogrammed for Select 270+ Japanese Brand Models | Replacement for 40700-CD001 | Snap-in | NX-S031-SN-4

So I tried to get the TPMS system in the learning mode. I set the tire pressure specified in the original post. Then, after like 6-7 attempts (probably because of the bad contact, I don't know) I was able to make the light blinking. I am not sure that actually you need to wait for a minute for it to blink to ensure it is in learning mode. By default, the light is solid and starts blinking only after the success of putting it in the learning mode. Not sure why else it would start blinking and whether it is worth the risk of getting the battery drained as it happened to some people here who posted several years ago about their experience. Despite mine being completely fine (got Duracell AGM at Costco a couple of years ago and have been happy about it since then), I would probably recommend to everyone who has an old battery to turn off the interior lights, A/C, and stereo system to ensure you won't need a jump start, hehe.

So, I got the light blinking and went to have a drive. It was a regular city drive, definitely not more than 45 MPH (or maybe even if it was 45 MPH then for a very short time). So it was blinking for like 8 mins as described by most of the people above and then after a very long beep for 5-6 seconds and the TPMS light got solid without disappearing. I did add some pressure at the gas station after that, but, of course, it did not help and the light was still on.

So I got very disappointed. Got back to Amazon, checked whether I got the right sensors, then started reading again here and there. Some people mentioned that they were driving in the city, but some told that they were getting to the highways. So after waiting about an hour with quite cold and wet after rain weather (like 6-7 degrees Celcius) I decided to try one more time. I set the necessary pressure again, put the car into the learning mode, started it after the 30s or so (needed to put the plastic panel under the steering wheel back), and then drove away. This time I decided to go to the highway, though. I live on the hill and it was after rush hour, so I believe only after just 2-3 mins driving or so, I got up to 50-ish MPH driving downhill to the highway. It was like that maybe for just 30s or so of the fast drive and then I noticed that the light turned off! Was so glad, hahaha! Thought for some time that I just wasted $ on the sensors and mechanics work of replacing all four of them...

So I have the impression that some of the sensors do really require a higher speed otherwise they are not getting recognized by the car. Also, I believe, that the long beep does mean the exit of the TPMS system from the learning mode and then it will not be looking for the new sensors anymore at all just staying solid all the time. But it's pretty safe to put it back into learning mode.

So I really hope that it will help someone as I believe people were not really successful in finishing the process after getting the long beep.

Good luck to everyone trying in the future!

Last edited by Sergiy; 05-31-2023 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:26 PM
ro0kie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GTR rims on G37

Hi fellow G’s
last year I got a great deal on the GTR rims for my G, so besides of the rubbing on the rear( almost sorted out) I got the tpms light coming on, blinks when I start the car then turns solid, I know what you’re gonna say, the car isn’t picking up the tpms signals…..
since Nissan and Infiniti are pretty much the same, is there any way to program the sensors without any scanner?? Or would it be better and easier to get some sensor programming scanner?
Old 05-31-2023, 10:07 PM
Sergiy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ro0kie
Hi fellow G’s
last year I got a great deal on the GTR rims for my G, so besides of the rubbing on the rear( almost sorted out) I got the tpms light coming on, blinks when I start the car then turns solid, I know what you’re gonna say, the car isn’t picking up the tpms signals…..
since Nissan and Infiniti are pretty much the same, is there any way to program the sensors without any scanner?? Or would it be better and easier to get some sensor programming scanner?
Why do you need a scanner? Most probably the sensor(s) is dead and needs to be replaced. They are coming preprogrammed now, so you don't need to program anything. Instead you would just need to follow instructions and advice above.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:45 PM
grateful2923
Registered Member

Thank you. Wait 2 minutes before driving

Originally Posted by Modme

Step 7: Once you confirm the lights do not stop flashing, step on the clutch/brake and start the car. Do not turn the car to OFF position. Start driving >25mph until the light goes out. It could take as long as ten minutes.

Thanks Modme! I was having trouble getting this to work. My final fix was… while the low pressure light is flashing, wait 2 minutes to ensure the light continues to flash before starting the car and going on the drive.

I wasn’t waiting and immediately started the car and went on the drive after tapping 6 times.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:55 AM
getitfixedcheap

When I inserted the paper clip, I was a bit nervous because there were several colored wires, and I didn't know which one I should stick the clip into, so I choose the green one. Following the instructions given I tapped the clip once the first time because I got a spark but decided to go ahead and try again. This time I tapped the clip 6 times and again 6 times. The tpms light was still on and flashing but at the same rate as it was before, in other words not slow. So, I got in and took it for a ride, I hadn't gone 50 yards, and the light went out and hasn't come back on since. I was a bit leery about the whole thing especially the part with the paper clip, but it worked. I thought I might have blown a fuse but found that there is no dedicated fuse for the tpms censoring system. Thanks for saving me some cash that will be better spent elsewhere.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:23 PM
Pchilly
Registered Member

My plug has 2 wires

The little plug tapped to OBD port has a purple and a blue/green wire going into it. When I try to ground either of them they spark, get hot, and make the interior light flicker on. Any ideas
Old 03-07-2024, 09:29 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Pchilly
The little plug tapped to OBD port has a purple and a blue/green wire going into it.
Wrong connector. Depending on your car, IF you have the TPMS check connector, it will have a single white wire.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:31 AM
Pchilly
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Wrong connector. Depending on your car, IF you have the TPMS check connector, it will have a single white wire.
it must not then because that’s the only plug taped to the OBD port. Idk if I mentioned but it’s a 2013 G37
Old 03-07-2024, 09:32 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
2013's do NOT have the check switch/ connector. Mystery solved.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:34 AM
Pchilly
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
2013's do NOT have the check switch/ connector. Mystery solved.
gotcha, thanks
Old 03-28-2024, 03:53 PM
SeanP1994

Right hand drive G37

Does anyone know where to find this plug on right hand drive models? I went to do this but can't see any cables matching the one photographed by my OBD.