Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Water spotting

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM
swagger_jacker

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Water spotting

So i just moved down to Miami FL from Seattle WA. Before I left Seattle I had the car detailed and then shipped in and enclosed trailer. The car got a little dirty on the way down but nothing to bad. Did not wash the car for about 2 weeks, everything looked good went through a couple rain spouts and had a few water spots and dirt. Decided that i needed to get it washed again so i found a detail shop. They seem to be good, they do a lot of high end cars. Anyways after the car being washed i started to notice small specs of what looked like rain almost on the windshiels but it was not raining and did not go away when driving. It has not rained since the car was washed. But i have massive water spots all over the car, windows are streaking from being rolled up and down ect. Any from from FL have any helpful tips on keeping my black car looking good? I live in a condo and park in a parking garage. Please help with this, i really dont want all the hard work in keeping the paint in great shape in WA go down the toilet here in Miami. Thanks
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I'd invest in a Random orbit polisher like a PorterCable, give it a good polish to get rid of all the spotting followed by a good Carnauba wax and then just do regular upkeep. Should be pretty easy to maintain if you just do it more often.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Photo-M-E

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally put 18's on the car, left it at the height for my 20's so i have a spare set of wheels. Got caught in bunch of storms a few months ago, cracked the OEM headlights and killed a ballast so slapped in the OEMassive headlights. Still need to adjust them. Not bad for 291K miles though, moving to just after concord mills in September so cutting my drive in half.