Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best option for backseat Pet cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:47 AM
2009journey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best option for backseat Pet cover

What's up all.

So I've got a 2009 Sedan, and two big dogs. I love taking them places, but hate putting them in my car. Black interior...

As you know, the backseat's headrests are a piece of the seat, so traditional seat covers that attach to the headrests don't work. I want something to protect the seat from dirt, hair, and dog nail punctures. Also don't want to completely break the bank.

I bought a traditional type cover off Amazon a while back, one that would tie to the headrests. I took the buckle off the straps off the cover and I tie it to the clothing hooks behind the seat. It kinda works, but it's a hassle to secure, and doesn't fit right for that reason. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:35 PM
mliakira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009journey
What's up all.

So I've got a 2009 Sedan, and two big dogs. I love taking them places, but hate putting them in my car. Black interior...

As you know, the backseat's headrests are a piece of the seat, so traditional seat covers that attach to the headrests don't work. I want something to protect the seat from dirt, hair, and dog nail punctures. Also don't want to completely break the bank.

I bought a traditional type cover off Amazon a while back, one that would tie to the headrests. I took the buckle off the straps off the cover and I tie it to the clothing hooks behind the seat. It kinda works, but it's a hassle to secure, and doesn't fit right for that reason. Any help is appreciated.
I'm a absolute freak about keeping my car clean after detailing for so many years on the side. I actually bought a really cheap pop up parachute material like tent that I put my dogs in. You can easily fold it up when you're done, and 3 of the sides are pretty wide open mesh so it's not like they're locked in a box. I think it was well under $20 at walmart.