New to the two bucket cleaning method - MyG37

New to the two bucket cleaning method

Old 04-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
iddqd

New to the two bucket cleaning method

Hello everyone! I finally received my '13 g37 coupe yesterday! Today I'll be soo busy driving everywhere before Friday traffic starts! Anyways, I was always one of "those guys" that used the automatic car washes for my previous two small suvs. I've been reading that the brush and whatnot can scratch your paint!

Being an absolute newbie to hand car washing, I looked up a few videos on youtube as well as read the first sticky thread on detailing. This Chemical Guys one looked straight forward and I think I'll try it out once I need my first wash. I live in an apt at the moment so I'll have to be going to a self wash bay. Does this video's method seem similar to what you all do for a basic wash for your g37? I'll read the sticky for recommended products to use, but I may just get the ones used in the video.

Thanks for all of the previous help and convincing for me to get a g37. Although it isn't a manual! Just hearing the roar is amazing.
iddqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
RMB5190

A lot of what he said was spot on and that brush will kill your paint lol. For the body I wouldn't use the stringy pad like he had - I found they catch rocks in them easily.

You can pick up big buckets at LOWES or use some that you have lying around. Two is perfect. The Spray detailer will be your best friend. You can use Chemical guys (awesome products) or pick up a set of Meguiars, like I used to, at wal-mart for $20. Set came with Soap, Wipes for interior, Scratch X 2.0, window Cleaner, and maybe one more. Great bargain while living on a budget.

Bring all the Microfiber towels. You will need them and you'd rather they be available rather than run short.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
iddqd

Yeah that's what I'm scared of lol. Okay thanks for the tip on the pad.

I think I actually have two buckets already, so one part down! I'll look into Meguiars, I read great things about their products. I might just snag the CG products through Amazon for this first round of car washing then try another afterwards.

I think I saw a huge pack of Microfiber towels at Costco! I'll grab a pack lol.
iddqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
RMB5190

Yea you can't go wrong with them tbh and the price was spot on. Good clay bar will also be a need. Just discovered it when I got the G and have been wondering where it's been all my life.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote