MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Car Care & Detailing (https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing-318/)
-   -   Clear Bra (https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing/261949-clear-bra.html)

dlyte1534 09-30-2014 11:53 AM

Clear Bra

Has anyone installed an clear bra on their g? If so is it effective on protecting the paint on the car? And how's installation?

BeachmanQ60 09-30-2014 12:04 PM

I purchased my 2014 Q 60S April 2nd. The second day I had a clear bra installed which includes the entire front end , part way up the hood and the back side of the mirrors. Looking back I wish I had tghe entire hood done as I have 2 small chips further up. I live in SoCal and my cost was $695 ........prices ranged from $650 up to almost $1000. The entire hood would have added $150 if I remember correctly. My Q60 is Obsidian black so it would show any marks.......so far with the exception of the very small chip further up the hood everything is still like new even after driving almsot 15,000 so far. Yes I drive it alot.
The installation took approx 3 hrs. I would make sure whoever does it computer cuts the material to ensure the best installation. I highly recommend it to anyone who does alot of highway driving.

defektion 09-30-2014 12:04 PM

It's worth it because Infiniti/Nissans paint is quite soft and is quite prone to chipping. I bought my G used and it was littered with small pits already and looking to getting it resprayed next spring/summer then Clear Bra'd.

GAWD 09-30-2014 01:00 PM

I used the 3M Paint Defender on mine and for $25 I couldn't be happier with it. Purchased the car on a whim days before a planned 3,000 mile summer vacation. 100% of the front cover is protected, as well as a strait, nearly invisible line across the leading edge of the hood. Twenty five bucks well spent. Its an aerosol clear, goes on like spray paint.

Lego_Maniac 09-30-2014 01:16 PM

My dealer traded another dealer for my 6mt sedan, and the dealer they traded with had installed a clear bra on the front end, about 6-8" up the hood, front fenders, etc. It's holding up great and I dont have any noticeable paint chips.

They ended up throwing it in for free since the other dealer didn't include accessory costs in the trade

inspector94 09-30-2014 01:17 PM

If you are going to get it done i agree that you should get the whole hood, bumper and fenders done. When i say whole i mean the entire front, else ur gonna get rock chips and it would be useless, i got 2 big ones too on the upper hood :(. you can install it yourself if your up for the challenge, not that hard.Bumper is a lot more difficult...

KEG97 09-30-2014 09:47 PM

Another perspective- I had a clear bra on the front bumper, front 1/4 of the hood and mirrors of my TSX. Tore it off the mirror and part of the fender...it just wore old after a few years. It's on just the front bumper/headlights of my QX56 and Q7 since I bought them both new. I like that. Do I have some paint chips on the hoods? Yup, but I'll deal with those. I don't like the line and how stuff accumulates on the hood line.

Nothing on the G b/c it was purchased used.

blnewt 09-30-2014 10:09 PM

If you're wanting it done I would definitely go to a reputable shop, I'm pretty well versed in vinyl projects and thought the clear bra would be something I could do, I saw videos and did a decent amount of research and it was still an Epic Fail :(

cmackin 10-01-2014 08:52 PM

Got the front end, partway up the hood and front fenders, and mirrors done for $550 with 3m film.

Worth every penny. I will never own a car again without having a clear bra installed.

bri 10-02-2014 07:53 PM

See previous thread including my comments there
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...clear-bra.html

kevshiau 10-03-2014 01:48 PM

Definitely get clear bra, especially with Infinti's soft paint. I got my bumper wrapped before I had it installed. Completely regret not getting my whole front end wrapped when I first got my car. Rock chips everywhere

ToeKnee Sea 10-03-2014 02:15 PM

I've heard Xpel is a good product. It's only done by those licensed to do so by Xpel. You can look them up and see where there is a install location close by.

kevshiau 10-03-2014 02:27 PM

You can also try Optimum Opti-Coat. I've heard some pretty good reviews on that too

gimpy 10-03-2014 04:53 PM

I too had clear bra installed soon after buying my 09 G37 xS sedan. Although I don't have high mileage (only 11600 miles) it has still saved my soft moonlight white paint from several chips. Any car I buy in the future will have it applied. I only have experienced people put it on which can make the difference between a so-so job to a expert job. Either you like them or you don't, as they say to each their own. Good luck with your G whatever you choose.