MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Car Care & Detailing (https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing-318/)
-   -   So what kind of products do you use to keep your G clean? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing/173285-so-what-kind-of-products-do-you-use-to-keep-your-g-clean.html)

NewGuyG35 08-19-2007 03:45 PM

So what kind of products do you use to keep your G clean?

I'll be heading out to Autozone in a few minutes. Please recommend stuff to buy to keep the interior, exterior, and wheels looking sharp.

shawnost 08-19-2007 04:32 PM

Zaino all the way! But you can't buy it at autozone. I believe that Autozone does carry Mother's and Poor Boy's products, both of which make good products for auto care. Check the detail forum, you'll get tons of advice there.

NewGuyG35 08-19-2007 06:28 PM

But what about products like armor all. Are they actually good for the dashboard? Do they do more harm than good? And I saw some products for the leather seats as well. Need more info on these things.

G35Now! 08-19-2007 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by NewGuyG35
But what about products like armor all. Are they actually good for the dashboard? Do they do more harm than good? And I saw some products for the leather seats as well. Need more info on these things.

Okay, understand that everyone has an opinion and they don't necessarily parallel. Here's mine:
  • Outside: Zaino wash, Zaino Z8 (spray polish) (and Zaino Z2 / CS periodically)
  • Inside: Zaino leather cleaner and leather care; every once in a while I'll use a little Armor All low-gloss on the dashboard (once in nine months so far)
  • Meguiars' Hot Shine on the tires
  • Random products: Sheepskin mitt for outside, have previously used Zymol leather stuff - it also works pretty well)

Good luck!

kernel 08-19-2007 10:24 PM

Ok, well you can't get this stuff @ autozone, but this is what I've got...

ClearKote Clay bar + lube
Natty's Red Wax
Menzerna FMJ
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze
Menzerna Finishing Polish II
Menzerna Intensive Polish
Menzerna Power Gloss
Leatherique Pristine Clean
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil
Glass Science Rain Clear & Glass Scrub
Glass Science Fog Clear
303 Wiper Cleaner
303 Washer fluid tablets
Sheepskin Wash mitt
LC Ulti-Mit
LC Ulti-Mit Scrubber
Menzerna Auto Shampoo
P21S Finish Restorer
P21s Wheel Cleaner
Wheel Wax
Wheel Sealant
303 Aerospace Protectant
Poorboys Degreaser

I've also got some car shampoo from Meguirs and hot shine wheel cleaner.
and of course a PC and pads, van 'n blo, WW, and MFs.

If you do order from George don't forget to use the 10% off code.

DOMO

mahbabyG 08-21-2007 03:24 AM

I pretty much use all Zaino stuff too, and Meguiars' clay bar.

I wash my car every other sunday, so Zaino gets a bit pricey, so sometimes I use Meguiars' wax and detailer.

NewGuyG35 08-21-2007 09:32 AM

What about for the bugs? I notices it can be a hassle to completely remove bug stains even with a high pressured water gun. I saw some stuff for this specifically but want some input.

JOKER 08-21-2007 09:35 AM

I use water to keep my G clean.

Then bunch of Meguiars products to keep it shiny.

erdog 08-21-2007 12:16 PM

I use a garage.

gary c 08-21-2007 12:29 PM

Keep'in your G spotless.......!

Originally Posted by erdog
I use a garage.

Of course a garage helps but it won't keep your G super clean if you drive it.
I use the complete line of Zymol products, claybar, cleaner and concourse
paste wax available from California Car Cover. Although it's available from a
few mailorder houses a little cheaper. Whatever you use on your G make sure
you use only micro-fiber polish towels! Our clearcoat is so soft anything else
will leave scratches/swirls.....I also use Wheelwax on my Volks, it's not a
cleaner but keeps my wheels looking great.

NewGuyG35 08-21-2007 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by gary c
Of course a garage helps but it won't keep your G super clean if you drive it.
I use the complete line of Zymol products, claybar, cleaner and concourse
paste wax available from California Car Cover. Although it's available from a
few mailorder houses a little cheaper. Whatever you use on your G make sure
you use only micro-fiber polish towels! Our clearcoat is so soft anything else
will leave scratches/swirls.....I also use Wheelwax on my Volks, it's not a
cleaner but keeps my wheels looking great.

Do you mean for washing, or for drying?

I use a shammy(or however you spell it) to dry. I bought a sponge type thing for the cleaning.

I also bought one of those things to dust off the car. What a POS, and waste of money. It makes the car worse, even with the littlest of dust. I returned it.

redlude97 08-21-2007 02:43 PM

I also bought one of those things to dust off the car. What a POS, and waste of money. It makes the car worse, even with the littlest of dust. I returned it.

Do you mean a Cali duster? You are probably using it wrong/not following the instructions. You have to remove the excess paraffin wax before using, and its for light dusting only. I use one on a regular basis, and it works great, and alot of the locals can testify to the immaculate condition of my paint, so its not swirling the finish, thats for sure

NewGuyG35 08-21-2007 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by redlude97
Do you mean a Cali duster? You are probably using it wrong/not following the instructions. You have to remove the excess paraffin wax before using, and its for light dusting only. I use one on a regular basis, and it works great, and alot of the locals can testify to the immaculate condition of my paint, so its not swirling the finish, thats for sure

Yes that's what I bought. And you are right, instructions say to leave it in open air for about 2 days. I just took it out and started using it. Did you remove the wax/oil the same way, or did you use a faster method?

Hi-Tech_G 08-21-2007 03:10 PM

I use mostly all Meguiars products.

redlude97 08-21-2007 05:00 PM

Yes that's what I bought. And you are right, instructions say to leave it in open air for about 2 days. I just took it out and started using it. Did you remove the wax/oil the same way, or did you use a faster method?

It doesn't say to leave it in open air, it says to set it on some newspaper/paper towels for a few days. Using it right away was your problem, you just smeared the wax all over your car. The product wasn't at fault, you just didn't follow the directions