Canada Serving Canada.

[GTA] BAD experience with Willowdale Infiniti Service Dept

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM
KennyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down UPDATE: [GTA] BAD experience with Willowdale Infiniti Service Dept

Hi all, I am here to share a recent bad experience with Willowdale Infiniti.

I recently got a 08 G coupe, and I found out that one of the taillight has condensation in the housing. Since Willowdale Infiniti is closer to me and there was a post here saying they have a new service manager Robert, furthermore the OP had a decent experience, so I decided to give it a try instead of going to Alta, which is further away.

I emailed Willowdale Infiniti describing the issue, and got a fairly quick response from Robert. He asked me to come for an inspection.

The first visit, I came around noon and Robert did a brief inspection and verified the issue. Then he asked me to bring the car in again so the technician can see if it is covered by the warranty (he explained that if it has been in a collision, it won't be covered, which I think it's fair). I have booked an appointment the next week.

The second visit, I came in the morning dropping off my G and got a loaner for the rest of my day. Robert called in the afternoon telling me the repair will be covered by the warranty and they are going to order the part for a taillight replacement. Everything was going great and smoothly, and if the whole story ended here, I would definitely give my recommendation to them.

After receiving their call telling me the part arrived, I booked an appointment with them and came for the third time. At first they seemed busy and wanted to push my appointment to another day, but I insisted to get it done as I already arranged my time with my work for this visit. I left the car there and went for lunch nearby.

Last edited by KennyG37S; 02-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
KennyG37S

As I was having my lunch, Robert called me claiming my defected taillight is from a wreck yard and it is not covered by warranty (my car has no accident/collision based on carproof and independent mechanic inspection, but I will give him the benefit of doubt). He told me the new taillight is already installed, I can leave it on and pay $600 something + tax, or put back my old taillight (Why would you install the new taillight knowingly it is no longer covered by warranty?!?). I told him I want them to put back the old one. A minute after, Robert called back telling me even if I want to put back my old taillight, I have to pay their mechanic an hour of labor, which is 100 something. I was upset and argued with Robert, because I dropped off my car at the 2nd visit for a whole day and they told me it was covered. Anyhow, after somewhat 10 minutes of arguments, Robert just told me to pick up the car and they are not going to charge me.

In short, I went to Willowdale Infiniti 3 times, got nothing fixed. Time are wasted, and probably have to pay them if I didn't stand my ground against these unreasonable charges.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WILLOWDALE INFINITI (unless I hate that person)

-----
Update Feb 18

Alta Infiniti has done my major service, replaced my taillight under warranty with no mention to wreck part or anything similar, and all these works done in a day without drama. They treat customer with respect and I totally recommand them over the other infiniti dealership mentioned above.

Last edited by KennyG37S; 02-18-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
its tough when you did not purchase the car brand new.

In this situation they should've spoke with you once they found out the tailight was from a junk yard (probably can tell from writign and condition)....

techs don't work for free but they should've spoke with you and told you the situation from there prior to ordering a light.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They should have told you prior to installing the light.....doesnt make sense to do the work and THEN tell you "oh yeah its $600"
Old 01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And it absolutely does not take an hour to change 1 taillight. You can buy a used one off eBay for much cheaper and install it yourself. It is very easy.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Sounds like they just wanted to make money off of you. There is no way that the dealership can even determine whether the lights came from the factory or from another wrecked car. Unless the lights are marked by yellow paint or something.

They probably never put on the new lights.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
KennyG37S

I wasn't aware of the taillight replacement until I went to Willowdale, as the car was an Ontario off lease with clean carproof (or carfax) from the dealer auction. What Willowdale claim could completely be the truth (with regard to the junkyard taillight).

What I was not satisfied about were:

1. I dropped off the car for a whole day during the second visit for them to check if it is eligible for warranty and they said yes, but ended up declining the warranty work at the 3rd visit, wasting both of our times needlessly.

2. They put in the new taillight when knowing the repair is no longer covered by warranty, wanted to charge me full 600+, or charge me 100+ to put back my old taillight.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
brutal. good for you to stand your ground though. i can certainly understand your frustration.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM
minorthreat

K, so Willowdale is out, I've only used Toronto Infiniti for warranty work and had no problems. I have heard others complain about them but I've only used them once. I know others posted some reviews on other dealerships but it would cool to have updated experiences from other Toronto G vets on here... Oakville & Alta Infiniti I heard is alright?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:38 AM
HP_John

I've only had good experiences with Alta, I recommend them
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally speaking, I have heard nothing but bad things about Willowdale Infiniti from anyone who has ever dealt with them. I'm pretty sure there have even been posts here about people complaining about them in the past.

As for other dealers, I've only dealt with Alta Infiniti and have nothing but praise for them. They're a great dealership; I would highly recommend them.

Yeah, here's a link:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ed-my-car.html

Do a search for "willowdale".

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 01-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM
KennyG37S

yeah i only gave willowdale a shot because of this post and it seems recent

https://www.myg37.com/forums/canada/...-infiniti.html

the general go to dealership in GTA seems to be Alta, which is the dealership i am going next for the service
Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyG37S
yeah i only gave willowdale a shot because of this post and it seems recent

https://www.myg37.com/forums/canada/...-infiniti.html

the general go to dealership in GTA seems to be Alta, which is the dealership i am going next for the service
The way that's worded, it sounds like it's someone from the dealership that posted that.

If you search on ~*~*other forums*~*~ you'll find many stories similar to yours about Willowdale.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
blueninjabron

Alta all the way

I vote for Alta as well. They are fair and pretty good customer service. My car is actually there right now.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
minorthreat

I think I'll try Alta next, I've read horror stories about Markham Infiniti on g35driver forum as well, so out of the 5-6 dealers in GTA only one (Alta) is recommended... ugh...

Quick Reply: [GTA] BAD experience with Willowdale Infiniti Service Dept