Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

In the Market for a G37X MA

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Stinley Pierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb In the Market for a G37X MA

I'm in the market for an Infiniti Gx Sedan due to me being n MA. I'm coming from a 2004 Toyota Sequoia that's starting falling apart after a long life/miles. I was also wondering if something were to happen to the vehicle mechanically how hard would it be to fix it. I also previously had a Subaru Outback that was a pain. Put 1800$ into parts fixing it with my father for it to keep causing problems. So I'm just trying to find a reliable car that will last me the rest of my college years. My parents are die-hard Toyota fans but with my price range of 12K, I'm not able to find a more recent vehicle with AWD/4WD with under 100,000 miles and the Infiniti G fits that criteria. I currently see 4 2009-2012 G sedans with under 100,000 miles for 10-11K. I was wondering from owners anything I should look for or worry about when purchasing a G.What years are the best for the G sedans? I was also wondering if something were to happen to the vehicle mechanically how hard would it be to fix it does it require me to go to the dealer or can me and my dad work on it at home? I've read plenty of information from Autotrader KBB and similar and watched a lot of videos. Last time I did that I got stuck with two horrible Subaru's.This time I would like to know from the owners themselves if the G is Legit in terms of reliability prior to purchasing it.

PS. I test drove a 2013 the other day and fell in love with it, it was a pleasure to drive (A little I'm just worried about terms of reliability and maintenance prior to purchasing.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
I'll let others chime in on the others stuff but as far as working on the car, working on the car at home is defiantly doable, but compared to a honda or toyota especially FWD vehicles it can be kind of a pain especially on the X mostly due to the longitudinal orientation of the engine and how compact the engine bay is but also due to all the additional mechanical components...that being said have had my X sedan for probably 8 years now and have done everything except alignments on it at home but everything takes way longer than when I do it on my wifes FWD Honda..i still wouldnt trade ti for an "easier" car to work on....

Also are you sure you cant find something like a AWD Toyota Venza or AWD Toyota Matrix with under 100K for less than 10K?
The following users liked this post:
Stinley Pierre (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Stinley Pierre

Thank you for the response! There is only one Toyota Venza in my area right now that is under my price range and has less than 100,000 miles. It is the base 4 cylinder FWD Model The Venza's I'm interested in is the V6 AWD. The prices for Rav4 Venza and Highlanders have higher miles and fewer features than Infiniti's. I just believe with the Infiniti I can get the majority of the options I want/need with my price range.

Last edited by Stinley Pierre; 02-08-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Also take into consideration with these cars your insurance is going to go up and gas....these things love to drink and premium.

In terms of reliability I’ve had my 13 x for about a year so I cant fully say but I’ve had only one issue where a throttle body went and dealer replaced under warranty. Awesome car to have around in NE with the AWD.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Stinley Pierre

The car would go under my mother's name and me as a driver to help reduce the cost of the insurance and compared to the Sequoia I drive now gas would not be a problem for me. How many miles are on your 13 x? I'm assuming the miles are low since the dealer replaced it under warranty or did you purchase a warranty from the dealership you got the car from?
Old 02-10-2019, 04:12 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
I purchased mine as a CPO with 30k miles on it so I got the CPO warranty. Currently sits at 40k right now.