MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Buying & Leasing (https://www.myg37.com/forums/buying-and-leasing-147/)
-   -   Help me choose, which G37 is a better deal? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/buying-and-leasing/290974-help-me-choose-which-g37-is-a-better-deal.html)

amarus 12-04-2018 07:44 AM

Help me choose, which G37 is a better deal?

Hi guys, after months of test driving and research various cars, I've finally decided to buy a g37. It is very fast and reliable. To me in a way, the G37 is like a reliable C63. Now I narrowed my purchase choice into two deals:

1. 2013 G37 Sedan with 135k km (88k miles) for $9k CND
2. 2011 G37 Sedan with 55k km (34k miles) for $17k CND

If I plan to keep the car for at least another 100k miles, considering the current value and future maintenence cost, in your opinion which one is a better deal?

codeflux 12-06-2018 01:13 AM

look some more.

'13 has very high miles, things will need to be done to it right away.
'11 is too much money IMHO, and it's already 8 years old.

if you can find '13 with lower miles... there's got to be more than 2 Gs for sale where you live.

amarus 12-06-2018 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by codeflux (Post 4223507)
look some more.

'13 has very high miles, things will need to be done to it right away.
'11 is too much money IMHO, and it's already 8 years old.

if you can find '13 with lower miles... there's got to be more than 2 Gs for sale where you live.

Thank you for your reply. About the high mileage G37, what need to be done with it outside of following the maintenence schedule? I read that some users with high mileage G37 only did regular maintenence and their car still runs smoothly.

4doorfury 12-06-2018 07:26 AM

The 13 has a better gasket set which should last longer as is.

The 11 is over priced by far. I got my 14 with same miles for almost the same price.

Basic maintenance is all you will need if previous owner also maintained the car correctly. These are fairly reliable vehicles.

Baadnewsburr 12-06-2018 09:24 AM

as has been said above the 2011 is priced way too high...the 2013 may not be too bad, but the mileage is a bit on the high side...probably fair for the price, for either option the fairness of the price also depends on the model, any major options and the accident history as well... 9k may be high/reasonable for an X or XS (AWD) model depending on if it has the tech package (Navigation, adaptive cruise etc), but for an S its a pretty good deal with or without options....at the higher mileage you also have to consider how well its been maintenance to date... keep in mind "Regular" maintenance, becomes more expensive once you get to 200k you may have to change things ,like wheel bearings, struts, and maybe even the water pump...

anyways good luck and post up pictures of your G when you get somthing

amarus 12-09-2018 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hashim (Post 4223515)
as has been said above the 2011 is priced way too high...the 2013 may not be too bad, but the mileage is a bit on the high side...probably fair for the price, for either option the fairness of the price also depends on the model, any major options and the accident history as well... 9k may be high/reasonable for an X or XS (AWD) model depending on if it has the tech package (Navigation, adaptive cruise etc), but for an S its a pretty good deal with or without options....at the higher mileage you also have to consider how well its been maintenance to date... keep in mind "Regular" maintenance, becomes more expensive once you get to 200k you may have to change things ,like wheel bearings, struts, and maybe even the water pump...

anyways good luck and post up pictures of your G when you get somthing

Sometimes there are many g37/g35 choices on the market. Right now, only very limited amount. Idk, maybe I should wait for some better choices.

ezbme 02-07-2021 05:51 PM

That 13 is a good deal. I wish my 11 had been 9k cdn with 88k. I bought my 2011 G37S w 158k for 10k in Nov 2016