Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

CPO Transfer

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:33 AM
DC4582

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPO Transfer

Hi Guys,
Looking to buy a 2013 G37x sedan but had a question about CPO transfer. It was first owned as a lease, then sold in 2015 as Infiniti CPO, and was traded in recently at an Audi dealership and is now for sale.

It currently has 41k miles -- as the second CPO owner buying it from a dealer would I get the balance of the 6 year/75k mile CPO warranty?
Thanks!
Old 08-16-2017, 01:03 PM
funeee

Originally Posted by DC4582
Hi Guys,
Looking to buy a 2013 G37x sedan but had a question about CPO transfer. It was first owned as a lease, then sold in 2015 as Infiniti CPO, and was traded in recently at an Audi dealership and is now for sale.

It currently has 41k miles -- as the second CPO owner buying it from a dealer would I get the balance of the 6 year/75k mile CPO warranty?
Thanks!
May be too late. answer is no, CPO can only be transferred once, since the car was trade-in before being sold to you, you can't have the warranty. the transfer of the warranty needs two parties, owner who purchase the warranty and buyer (transferring to dealer other than infiniti won't count, even infiniti deal sometimes don't honor it), sign the transfer form, unless you can find the original owner, the answer is no.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Luvmy2011g
Registered Member

Originally Posted by funeee
May be too late. answer is no, CPO can only be transferred once, since the car was trade-in before being sold to you, you can't have the warranty. the transfer of the warranty needs two parties, owner who purchase the warranty and buyer (transferring to dealer other than infiniti won't count, even infiniti deal sometimes don't honor it), sign the transfer form, unless you can find the original owner, the answer is no.
I’m considering the same thing, but the car is at a Nissan dealership. Would that be ok?
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Luvmy2011g
Registered Member

I just saw on Carfax it says under warranty info: Transferrable- unlimited owners, no cost.