Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Need to decide which purchase to make

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 10:55 AM
dailydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to decide which purchase to make

New to forum, am working on a dilemma, trying to decide whether to purchase a coupe or a AWD a G series or an M series. a 35 or a 37. It all started when a couple of co-workers purchased a M35x and a G37x sedans. Like the looks of the cars, and when I found out there was a awd coupe I am all but driving out the door to purchase one.

I am coming from driving V8 American muscle coupes and this would be a huge change for me. This vehicle will mainly be driven as a Daily Driver so I do not have to drive my '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 35's 50 miles one way to work every day. It will be all highway miles as well.

I am thinking I want a G37x AWD coupe. Auto. rest of options just fluff.

I see price ranges of 10,995 on up over 20k for them with 65k-125k on odo. What problems can be found on vehicles over 100k on odo? Bodies look great from the pics, and am thinking if a 2dr awd it might have seen a more difficult life. I am pretty handy mechanically, so would be able to replace/ repair some to most things which might occur, From window motors, to exhaust systems and most everything in between. Do I go on the cheap or suck it up and try to get something with under 100k on the odo? I hear these are good to go over 200k?

One last thing to consider, I am in the middle of purchasing a new house so am not able to finance anything currently or I would probably be going for a low mile Q60. I am able to get my hand on up to 15k cash, though do not want to go to max there.

thanks for any help and assistance describing pro's and cons of potential ownership
Old 06-01-2017, 05:17 PM
BigEDGE02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My G37x sedan has just over 90k on it and I've never had any major issues. Worst thing was the little analog clock led backlight started flickering around 60k, can't just replace the led so had to buy a new one (around $100 I think). These cars are pretty solid, so I doubt reliability will be an issue if you get one with 60k-75k on it.

I came from V8 muscle coupe as well, definitely a different feel...lack of low end torque was the hardest to get used to, but once those revs are up it screams. The 7-speed (only auto is available if you go AWD) is a bit sluggish too, but an Uprev tune helped fix that.