Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buying a new G37. Should I wait?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a new G37. Should I wait?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a G37S MT. I'm kind of torn as to whether to just buy a 2011 one with the combination that I like for 46,000 at Infiniti at Englewood or to wait until the 2012 one comes out, which is scheduled for a release during this month.

Is it worth it to wait? I have talked to a couple of dealers and their main selling point is that 2011 will be a 2,000 cheaper than the 2012 one. However,
there's no point in getting a 2011 G37 coupe when a new one is coming this month.

I'm not really sure what to do. Are there new changes that would make the wait worthwhile? With that being said, If I can get a good deal on the 2011 I will likely pull the trigger. This is the one that I'm looking at. I think it is already below the MSRP.

Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate it!

2011 Infiniti G37 Sport 6MT For Sale | Englewood NJ .

- Princess
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
omg this is freaky, thats the car my dealership was going to get for me from Englewood, I just called today and backed out of the deal..Good Luck

Im going for a more economical car (civic, corolla) for 2 - 3 years, save up a little and perhaps get the newly designed G coupe..

good luck!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
If you can wait it out I'd get a brand new one for the $2,000 more. Unless their willing to lower the price on the 2011 a little more. 2K wouldn't make much difference in the payments for me to personally take an older model.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 PM
gooddeal

If you're going to keep the car for more than 5 years, I say go with the 2011 b/c they're the same car. The price will be almost the same by that time considering that they're in the same condition and mileage.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by gooddeal
If you're going to keep the car for more than 5 years, I say go with the 2011 b/c they're the same car. The price will be almost the same by that time considering that they're in the same condition and mileage.
but the way I look at it, it will be hard to find the exact one you want right down to the options. If I'm going to paying for the car, I want to make sure it has everything that I want in it. So you never know which 2012's may come and with what options..6-mt's are getting extremely rare to find now
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 PM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by gooddeal

I agree. If you can save a couple thousand I'd just go for the 11. Also, $46K is their asking price. You aren't gonna pay that! Depending on how hard up the dealership is, you can get that for way less!

I got my 2010 in April brand new with only 30 miles on it. Has all the options plus the Aero package. Sticker was $49K and I got it for $41K.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
princess

Thanks for the replies guys. Goonz, why would you think about getting a 2011 when you already have a 2010? Just wondering lol. JJsBusaRox, how were you able to talk it down that much? Did you buy it when the 2011 were just coming out?

I just might do it if they give me a deal like the one you got. Thing is the 2012 might come out any minute, and then I've been hearing that 2013 is the refresh year. I saw the leaked pictures and it was pretty ugly but I think they are highly exaggerated.

I'm most likely going to finance this car and keep it until I make enough money to buy an M3. Right now even an infiniti is a bit expensive for me, but this is my first stick car and it looks pretty fun. I'm still a noob btw. I learned to drive stick on a maxima. How long did it take you guys to get used to the G37?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
The Jewbag

What's the difference in the 12's again?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 AM
JJsBusaRox

[quote=princess;3221492]JJsBusaRox, how were you able to talk it down that much? Did you buy it when the 2011 were just coming out?quote]

It was all about timing for me. Was actually on my way to buy a 370Z vert but decided to stop by at Infiniti real quick (I don't know why). Long story short, a guy ordered my car, car got to the dealership in late October, when the car got there, the guy backed out. A salesman and I got to talking, showed me my car, and told them how much my limit was. I told them that if they couldn't make it happen, I was gonna walk right out and buy the 370Z like I planned. I guess they really wanted to get rid of the car to make room for new stock so I got my way at $41K.

As someone else said, it seems like 6MT's are hard to come by now, especially with the options you want. So if the 12'a are coming out soon, you may just want to wait so you can compare the two. Then again, you're taking a chance on losing a good deal on a 11....
Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by princess
Thanks for the replies guys. Goonz, why would you think about getting a 2011 when you already have a 2010? Just wondering lol.
I have a 2008, im coming to an end with my 39 month lease..
The car you are looking at is the EXACT one I wanted, however I just didnt feel that excitement while negotiating for that car, almost as if it was something I had doubts over. Perhaps because 80% of it was the same as what I have at the moment, with less features (mine has 4WAS and Tech pkg.)

They also have that same spec coupe on order in black, 6mt with the same options as that of the white one..ask the salesman about it. I found out through Infiniti's website that its "in transit" to the dealership..

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox

As someone else said, it seems like 6MT's are hard to come by now, especially with the options you want. So if the 12'a are coming out soon, you may just want to wait so you can compare the two. Then again, you're taking a chance on losing a good deal on a 11....

yup, in another decade or so, everything will be automatic and perhaps more double clutch transmissions..6-mt's will be a thing of the past
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Devil G

Originally Posted by The Jewbag
What's the difference in the 12's again?
Pretty sure there's no difference between the 2011 and 2012.

Nissan and Infiniti - The 2012 Infiniti Lineup: Charting the Changes
Old 09-03-2011, 12:59 PM
princess

I think I'm really considering getting this white one based on your replies. Goonz, from the last time that I went there, hoping to get a 2008 G37 s in red with all options, they priced it at 28k and were not willing to negotiate. I'm assuming that you've been to this dealership, do you think that I can talk the white one down 40 k? I might have a trade in too.

On one hand, they do want to get rid of the 2011s but that means someone else is probably going to wait until the 2011 price drops before getting it. I don't want that to happen. As I do want to get this car but at a good price. Any tips?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by princess
I think I'm really considering getting this white one based on your replies. Goonz, from the last time that I went there, hoping to get a 2008 G37 s in red with all options, they priced it at 28k and were not willing to negotiate. I'm assuming that you've been to this dealership, do you think that I can talk the white one down 40 k? I might have a trade in too.

On one hand, they do want to get rid of the 2011s but that means someone else is probably going to wait until the 2011 price drops before getting it. I don't want that to happen. As I do want to get this car but at a good price. Any tips?

I have not gone down to the dealership as I reside in Boston, MA. I searched all night to find which dealerships in the northeast have the 6-mt coupes and just a few dealerships like Inglewood and Ray Catena had them. I dont think the 2011 prices will drop seeing as once the 2012s come out, Infiniti tends pull its offers off the 2011s and put them on the 2012s. However that could be challenged depending on how badly the dealership wants the car gone. They gave me decent numbers over the phone, im sure in person you can get a decent deal, i was leasing the car.

damn you if you get the white one lol!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
AllentownG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Infiniti of Englewood? Ugh. Sorry to hear that's the dealership you've gotta deal with. I had a pretty bad experience & wouldn't recommend them. Best of luck though, maybe your experiences will be better than mine.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 AM
princess

I just might get that car depending if they are willing to work with me. They don't seem like nice people from when I went. But then again, they are carsalesmen. How was your experience negative? Care to share? Lol goonz you leased it and hooked up the car? You don't want to buy it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a new G37. Should I wait?